• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The Fused Shadow

Hyrulian Hero

Zelda Informer Codger
Fusedshadow.png

What is this thing? Where does it come from? Why make such an uncomfortable helmet?

So Ganondorf says that the Fused Shadow is an ancient power. Does it originate in Hyrule or the Twilight Realm? Or maybe somewhere else? The thing in really wondering about is the pair of dragons on the front. If the Fused Shadow originates in the Twilight Realm, does this indicates that there are dragons there? If it originates in Hyrule, are these references to any specific dragons? I mean, there are only two so probably not a reference to the goddess dragons but it's probably not like Volvagia since there are two dragons. Or maybe they're just segmented worms eating hair I guess. Anyway, thoughts?

Edit: Apparently, a designer mentioned designing the helmet with the inspiration of ancient Chinese art. I pulled a couple pictures for fun.

Early_tao_tei_mask.pngE_Zhou_huang (1).png

Hyrulian Hero

Zelda Informer Codger
My going theory is that the full story starts way back in Minish Cap, with the release of the mask shaped entities being released by Vaati, and the mayor, who is obsessed with masks. From them, the Masked Followers begin to spread, and develope their own kind of magic. At some point, they make the mask of Majorah. It's either the events of that game that gets the attention of the Shiekah; or their attention was already peaked, evedenced by the Mask of Truth in Ocarina of Time.

I believe the Fused Shadow was made by a joint effort between a group of Sheikah and the Masked Followers.

Depending on how you view the Twilight Realm, the place of creation could be different. It is either a prison like place, not connected to any other realm, meaning that the Fused shadow was created outside of the Twilight Realm. If the Twilight Realm is one and the same as Lorule, The mask could have easily been made in that realm.

Personally I think they are the same, and I think Termina is also located in that realm. And, with that game ending with the mask of Majorah leaving that realm in the hands of the Happy Mask Salesman, I am inclined to think that the Fused Shadow was created in the realm of Hyrule.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom