• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The First Zelda Game You Played

PhantomTriforce

I am a Person of Interest
The first Zelda game I played is A Link to the Past. I instantly fell in love with the game. Perhaps it was a good thing this was my first Zelda game, as this game threw me right into adventure first thing without having to go through an introduction sequence like Ocarina of Time, the Wind Waker, or Twilight Princess. I still think it is the best Zelda game to date, and it was loads of fun to play. There were so many items and so many dungeons, which made the experience all the better for me.

I came into the fandom late. My first game was TP, then OoT, then MM, then Spirit Tracks and finally SS. I am so thankful that my parents got TP as our first wii game. Without Link, I would be so bored!

My first game was the original, Legend Of Zelda. It was amazing back then how it even worked, and I was addicted to the Legend of Zelda series ever since.

Warrior of Fire

The Hero of Time
For me, it was the original on my old NES (which is a different design than the normal one that I see in images) (I still have it). Didn't get into it because I was really young, then, shortly after getting my N64 (on my oldest brother's birthday, no less), I got Ocarina of Time, and I was hooked. A couple years later, my grandmother gave me three N64 games for my birthday (Paper Mario, Tony Hawk's Pro Skater, and Majora's Mask), and with the two Zelda games, I kept picturing myself in either Hyrule or Termina with everything safe. Odd side note with Majora's Mask: when I first saw the TV trailer for it, I thought the game was about getting a mask that belonged to someone named Majora and returning it to him/her. Just remembered that now. Right now, I can play seven out of eight Zelda games that I can play on the Wii, with the first game I've ever had pre-ordered: Skyward Sword (didn't get to play it for another month afterward, but it was worth the wait, despite beating it in around a month). Those seven games are, in reverse order of original release, the aforementioned Skyward Sword (my new second-favorite Zelda game, bumping off Majora's Mask), Twilight Princess, Majora's Mask, Ocarina of Time, A Link to the Past (heading to the second Dark World dungeon), Zelda II (I'm currently putting it down as worst canon Zelda game to date, ignoring the ones I've never played to keep completely objective), and the original (thanks to ZD's walkthrough, I'm on Level 8, but the last time I played, Level 8 called me a jabroni (that's a Rock reference for those of you keeping track).

it was either link's awakening on gameboy/ocarina of time. my first zelda game (that i completed) was either twilight princess on gamecube/windwaker. sorry to be so vague.

The first Zelda game I ever played was Ocarina of Time. It was also the first videogame ever purchased in my household along with Super Mario 64. I distinctly remember my childhood memories with the title: Looking through arguably the best instruction booklet in videogame history, fingering the precious cartridge, being scared to death by Deku Babas. Hey! Listen! :fairy: I was only a little child. :P Ah, how Navi never bothered me. Complainers be complaining! Then, I arrived at the first dungeon-Inside the Deku Tree. I didn't figure out that you needed to break the spider web even after Navi's advice. This prompted me to tuck the cartridge away in a quiet corner of my basement. It was over ten years before I returned to Zelda and Ocarina of Time specifically but since then, I triumphed and my love for the franchise greatly proliferated!

zeldatreasure

zeldatreasurechest
I am giving away my age a little, but my first Zelda game was the original Legend of Zelda. I have been out of the scene for a while, but have just recently started to get back into Zelda. Every 5 years or so I always play through the original. Always an adventure.

My first Zelda game was Ocarina of Time. Jabu Jabu's Belly gave me so much trouble back then! So many good memories playing my N64 as a kid :D

Go_Skyward

Seek a door that carries a [9]
You know, you all make me feel like I'm a 5 year old talking to 17 year olds. xD But anyways... if I tell my first console and my first Zelda game... I might be killed for the 702nd time... but I will anyways! My first Zelda game was Phantom Hourglass, yeah, you hear me. And my first console was a wii! Sue me, I was around during the N64 era (kinda) and the gamecube era but... my parents thought nothing of them. Yeah, so that would make my first video game EVER wii sports... Then Mario party 8... then Sonic... THEN Zelda. xD

Man I feel like I had a crappy childhood all the sudden. But it was good. I remember watching a movie on TAPE and then waiting 5 minutes for them to rewind. Good times, good times.

Blue Canary

Your Friendly Neighborhood S***poster
I first played Twilight princess. but I had only just started it and played it for like ten minutes before I played majora's mask. and in that time that time when I was first playing twilight princess I really didn't know what the legend of zelda was or even cared. MM made me care and really like the legend of zelda.<3

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom