• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The Creepiest Movie

Dr3W21

shoegaze girl
It's between "The Shining" (the '07 version) and... aw man. I forgot. Oh well, I don't really care for horror films that much, but I do kinda like movies with a creepy Stephen King-ish tone.

Steve

5/19/13
The Human Centipede was by far the most bizarre and gruesome films I have ever seen; it made those disgusting viral videos look like a joke. Words can't even describe just how raunchy it is, and I can only imagine just how terrible its sequels will be.

insanity76

I don't suffer from it ..
John Carpenter's In the Mouth of Madness has all kinds of creepiness in it, from the plot itself to the characters.

A

Apollymi

I dunno if anyone has said Stay Alive yet. It's a movie based aupon a haunted video game, and when teh players log on to it, they are trapped in the game and if you die within the game, you die in real life.

AFter this movie, I didn't play video games for months on end. :P

insanity76

I dunno if anyone has said Stay Alive yet. It's a movie based aupon a haunted video game, and when teh players log on to it, they are trapped in the game and if you die within the game, you die in real life.

AFter this movie, I didn't play video games for months on end. :P

I've seen it .. it's good, albeit a spin off of The Ring (though when I heard what it was about I was kinda expecting it to be that). And Phinneus (sp?) got on my nerves, lol. But yeah there's a definite creepiness to it.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
Jeepers Creepers is pretty creepy and of course Secret Window. That one was really creepy too. But Aliens of course, The Thing and Scanners were really creepy too.
I don't know if people remember Scanners but that creeped me out

Hylian Pants

Nintendo Wench
To me, the creepiest movies (and true horror movies) are usually well done psychological thrillers, movies that affect you through lasting emotional response and pure uneasiness, rather than just blood, guts, and jumpy girls turning corners in dimly lit hallways :| As was mentioned before, Clockwork Orange is truly creepy in this sense, not to mention, it was very true to the book in its creepiness. Another favorite is Jacob's Ladder, about a Vietnam veteran who gradually descends into insanity..That movie brings its audience with it, freaks you out, and gives a good twist. And while not traditionally considered a horror movie, I'll give an honorable mention to Requiem for a Dream... That movie is tough to get through... I'd caution people to have a funny movie on hand to watch afterward. The director is the same one who did the current psych thriller, Black Swan, which I hope to see soon.

Another one that recently struck me was Hard Candy, (with Ellen Page before she was "Juno") a fabulous movie that keeps you very tense, and forces the viewer to "choose sides" so to speak. It dealt with pedophilia and was very creepy and out of the box... The last one I'll mention is One Hour Photo, which I watched on a whim on Bravo. It stars Robin Williams, which creeped me out the most, since he definitely was not playing Mr. Funny Guy in this movie. Seriously, seeing him act as a freaking stalker is quite a trip in itself >.>

Actually the Descent, which the OP mentioned was number 1 on Bravo's countdown show of scariest movie moments. Awesome countdown, but I haven't gotten around to watching that particular movie yet..I'd probably get claustrophobic

"The Shining" for sure. I love Steven King book's and movies, but that just scared the crap out of me.
The Movie, "It" too from him as well. I already hate clowns, and that movie just made my phobia worse. D:

mattsimme

Trappy
"The Ring" is the creepiest, most scary movie I have ever seen! The girl that came out of the T.V. gave me nightmares for over a month the first time i watched it. Whenever I am alone in a dark room, I always think that girl is after me.

insanity76

"The Ring" is the creepiest, most scary movie I have ever seen! The girl that came out of the T.V. gave me nightmares for over a month the first time i watched it. Whenever I am alone in a dark room, I always think that girl is after me.

Imagine that scene if they did a 3-D remake of the movie, lol.

MrLuigi

Theorist
The Human Centipede was by far the most bizarre and gruesome films I have ever seen; it made those disgusting viral videos look like a joke. Words can't even describe just how raunchy it is, and I can only imagine just how terrible its sequels will be.

I looked it up on Wikipedia. Nothing what I thought of. I feel your pain after seeing the poster.

insanity76

I saw Paranormal Activity 2 last night, and I must say I was impressed with how they tied it in with the first one. And the way the overall story bridged between the 2 ranks them fairly high on my creep-o-meter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom