• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

MM-N64 The concepts, influences and story behind The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask

Hello. I wanted to share some of the results of an analysis made into the influences from majora's mask as part of the making of a mini music encyclopedia for both The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time and its sequel Majora's Mask. it ended up being more about what the game is about overall than the audio aspect, so I think you will find at least parts of it interesting.

The music from the Zelda series plays a very important role on why the games are so memorable. the project basically consist on a series of music visualization videos where you can see exactly what and how the music instruments, orchestration and arrangement were originally used to create the music—plus a short analysis of each track— here is the playllist with the full soundtrack from ocarina of time already completed, with majora's mask coming next: Playlist

The project was made by extracting the original audio files from the game code itself, it also sometimes shows where the sounds originally came from, some of the equipment the composer used to create it and the original inspirations like for example, for Goron City:https://youtu.be/9U2vpsgvdx0?t=103

Now onto Majora's Mask, i wanna leave you with the results from the investigation of the influences of the game. Did you know that the Water Temple from Ocarina of Time and the entirety of majora's mask have things in common? in fact they may be based around the same concept and it might shine some light about the game. here is the article explaining some of the concepts and inspirations behind the game, hopefully you can read some of it. please let me know if you notice more influences from easter cultures in the Zelda games:

Majora's Mask: Making of And Influences

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom