• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The 2012 London Olympics!

Vanessa28 said:
Not to be rude but my country is also land of the free and home of the brave to me. Just saying.

Sorry about that, Vanessa. I did not wish to offend you or the people of your country.

I'm very excited for Women's Beach Volleyball and Swimming (I forget the specific event later today). I'm not surprised that China is leading in overall medal count right now. What does shock me, however, is that Great Britain has yet to obtain a medal. Nevertheless this is the first day of the Olympiad and the stage can radically alter soon.

Nicole

luke is my wife
I'm watching the US vs. Korea Women's Volleyball match right now. I was very amused to find out that on of the US's players is named Destinee Hooker (irony amirite). Let's win ladieees.

I'm also amused by the women's basketball scores. I feel like the US is the only country that actually takes women's basketball seriously, which is a shame because basketball is such a great sport - and it's very popular among girls.

I'm particularly excited for the women's Beach Volleyball match (Misty May <3) at 6:00pm EST.

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
I saw the swimming, and also the Women's Basketball game. Now I am watching some beach volleyball. I can't wait for more swimming later tonight. ^^

I feel as though I should watch more Olympics online and less on television since the American broadcasters are several hours behind in programming. It's not surprising to see Michael Phelps lost to Ryan Lochte in the 400 meter swim following his poor qualification round but after winning eight gold medals in Beijing Phelps is failing to live up to his namesake.

Ninten*

BLOOOOOOOO
I've been watching, but not that much. Phelps lost his match. I heard it was the first time he didn't get a gold medal in 8 years. Maybe he's slacking off or just got overconfident. Who knows.

Majoras_Wrath

Home Grown Hero!
I look forward to the Olympics every time they're around. I absolutely love the Winter Olympics more than Summer because it has more sports that I watch, but I watch it regardless. Currently I'm watching boxing which is my favorite and I'll be checking out swimming and field hockey mostly. I like watching all the others here and there. So I'm gonna be paying attention for sure :D

Writer4God

GeekChic
As a baseball fan and former Bobby Sox softball player, I'm disappointed that both sports have been discontinued as Olympic sports. However, I still enjoy watching the sports including swimming, gymnastics, etc.

Kinda disappointed that Michael Phelps finished 4th in the 400 IM. I'm more Team Phelps than Team Lochte.

Veely

Unwanted ZD Member
Watching Beach Volleyball now
Opening ceremoney was... Intersting
I am cheer mostly for usa but I cheer for Irish, British, South Africa, and Holland..

Favs: Archery, Diving, Synchro Diving, Equestrian, Fencing, Football / Soccer, Shooting, Swimming
Table Tennis
Taekwondo
Tennis
Trampoline
Triathlon
Volleyball
Yeah I am watching

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
Woot! I woke up early to watch the round of eight in men's soccer. Mexico is in the semis after beating Senegal 4-2. It was an awesome match to watch.

I am currently watching GB vs South Korea! Go SK. lolz Jk, let the best team win.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
Our own Epke Zonderland won a golden medal today and so did Dorian van Rijsselberghe. He was already secured of the golden medal but the race ended no earlier than today and he finished this one (he didn't even have to finish at all to keep the lead) in style with another win!

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
And they are certain of silver already but it must be GOLD! Let's root for them!

Yes, Vee. But I hope they fight well in the finals. Anything can happen, but you know that I will be cheering for them. I'll even change my siggy for that, to support them. :)

I usually always watch wrestling because it is something I used to do, although i'll watch almost anything if it's on. I root for the USA since i'm from there but I also root for Canada and Lithuania because I have family from there.

Nicole

luke is my wife
http://www.london2012.com/beach-volleyball/event/women/match=bvw400101/index.html

How about this Gold Medal matchup? Misty and Kerri or April and Jennifer? USA vs. USA. Everyone place your bets now!

I'm actually more fond of the team of Misty and Kerri. I love their story and as this will be their last Olympics, I want to see them three-peat. I think that would be really awesome for them, and I think they're just a better squad than April and Jen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom