• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Termina=Realm of the Ocean King

What do you think about this Theory

• I like it

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meh, kinda dumb

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
F

flyingseal

Assuming the split timeline exists we can not only assume but also know that the termina on the no-link timline was destroyed, gone, wiped from existence in one of two ways:
a)The flood of Hyrule also Floods Termina
b)The moon crashes into the land and the Great Bay fills in the crater

Either way the land is flooded, the smart people head for the hills, and wait.

Majora, now mask-less takes on the role of Bellum, Using possesion to posses souls, much like the old masks he once obtained. The only Deity left, the one who was most farmilure with water, desprately does what he can to fight off Bellum, he begins to lose

Then This Guy Comes: :)

You know what comes next, granted you played Phantom Hourglass, however you might not be quite sure if this theory holds water, like where did the temples come from?
Well:
Isle of the dead was created by the Ikana after the destruction of the stone tower
The swamp being lower sunk, the only part left of the swamp became inhabited and ended up holding the 3 fairies
Goron and Annooki Islands where both formally located in the mountain range, however the gorons tat stayed in warmth remained the same, while the gorons on the cold areas became the Annooki.
The clock tower became the Temple of the Ocean King

Still not convinced?

Both Games Involve multiple, somewhat spunky fairies
Both Games Feature a main bringer or holder of Majora(Bellum): Skull Kid and Skull Boat(I forgot the actually name when I type it)
The Significance of Time
And both being an Alternate Dimension
Gerudu Pirates(Jolene being a pirate)

So the last few questions:
Whats with the Sword
Who is Zuez

The Sword: Hey the Ocean king tried everything, if it worked there was no reason he shouldn't have created it.
And Zuez, oh Zuez, we could leave him alnoe, say he's a normal islander, but that is to easy:

Zuez=Ganondorf
o_O You may say, well hear me out: Twinrova where just inocent citizens in MM, so assuming that the mothers raised ganon, and with the Gerudo taking Skull Kid as their master, it is safe to say that in termina, Ganon was just a "normal" law abiding citizen.

Kina a strech ^^ but hey it's a theory board, not a fact one.

Hoped you liked my Entry, and Happy Theorising!

Sorry if this is a copy of an earlier post, I couldn't find my first one and assumed it got lost.

Oh by the way what this also fits in with the offical timeline, :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
Assuming the split timeline exists we can not only assume but also know that the termina on the no-link timline was destroyed, gone, wiped from existence in one of two ways
Saying we know that is going too far. One could also assume that Termina, being a parallel universe, was not affected by the split in the Hyrule universe. This is actually a better assumption IMO as it explains the Legend of the Fairy in WW.

You know what comes next, granted you played Phantom Hourglass, however you might not be quite sure if this theory holds water, like where did the temples come from?
Well:
Isle of the dead was created by the Ikana after the destruction of the stone tower
The swamp being lower sunk, the only part left of the swamp became inhabited and ended up holding the 3 fairies
Goron and Annooki Islands where both formally located in the mountain range, however the gorons tat stayed in warmth remained the same, while the gorons on the cold areas became the Annooki.
The clock tower became the Temple of the Ocean King
You're attempting to support your theory with more theories, which doesn't work. There's also a contradiction here, as you stated earlier:
a)The flood of Hyrule also Floods Termina
b)The moon crashes into the land and the Great Bay fills in the crater
If b is true, then clock tower was destroyed and can't become the TotOK. If a, then it was flooded.

And both being an Alternate Dimension
The World of the Ocean King isn't actually an alternate dimension.
Nintendo Dream: How far from The Wind Waker's sea does this game take place?

Hidemaro Fujibayashi: Right next to it.

Nintendo Dream: Is it that close?!

Hidemaro Fujibayashi: Well, it takes place during their journey after leaving the waters of The Wind Waker.

Eiji Aonuma: We can have an unlimited number of stories in the Zelda series. A new adventure may be waiting for them if they just wander into the sea next to the one they're sailing (laughs).

Kina a strech ^^ but hey it's a theory board, not a fact one.
Theories deal in facts.

F

flyingseal

Thank you for your imput, however:
"Theories deal in facts"
I was dealing with ingame facts
"The World of the Ocean King isn't actually an alternate dimension."
If so why is it considered a realm, only accessible and able to be exited through the ghost ship?

I agree, Termina wasn't flooded, but with no link it was destroyed,

"If b is true, then clock tower was destroyed and can't become the TotOK"
True, I see your point.
"You're attempting to support your theory with more theories, which doesn't work"
Many theories are supported by theories, the timeline and tetraforce theories for example.

Thank You for your imput and that is my counter-counter-argument

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
Take in mind though,since hyrule was flooded that means that the happy mask salesman and skull kid died.So if they died than Majora's mask was never used in terminia so there would be no point in destroying it.Also Locke is right theories have to have facts otherwise its not a theory,its a bunch of nonsense.

F

flyingseal

Yes Hyrule was flooded, however hyrule was flooded before link even became an adult, as link went in termina as a child, the skulkl kid could'n have been killed as the flood did not come untill well after link was an adult. Meaning that skull kid would have been sucsessful.

Also as I said earlier, all the thoeroies, even theories of thoeries, are based on ingame facts

Thank you for responding, I love the imput :)

no I do not think that majora's mask turned into bellum because in the begging of PH it talked about the events of wind waker it's prequel. now it also mentioned the realm of the ocean king which link later gets into attempting to get on the ghost ship and all of this happens after the pirates leave outset island so majora's mask couldn't have turned into bellum

it is completely possible because the moon crashing would have changed the geography like well a moon hitting the ground

AwesomeZeldaFan

Fierce Deity
Very cool, but what is with the Cobble Kingdom and I agree with all but Zauz.
The Cobble Kingdom could've been Ikana and Zauz could be a descendant of Igos du Ikana

F

flyingseal

Thanks for the imput guys :)
Like congrats and constructive critism

^_^

Your theory has several MAJOR flaws in it; 3 of which Locke mentions. Your largest flaw was when you said the Realm of the Ocean King is an alternate dimension. You go on to say Termina is an alternate dimension, so they are one in the same. At this point, you essentially extirpated your own theory.

Furthermore...

"The World of the Ocean King isn't actually an alternate dimension."
If so why is it considered a realm, only accessible and able to be exited through the ghost ship?

realm   [relm]

noun
a royal domain; kingdom: the realm of England.
the region, sphere, or domain within which anything occurs, prevails, or dominates: the realm of dreams.
the special province or field of something or someone: the realm of physics; facts within the realm of political scientists.
Origin:
1250–1300; Middle English realme, reaume < Old French reialme, derivative of reial < Latin rēgālis regal

Related forms
un·der·realm, noun

Synonyms
1. kingdom.

[source]

I've read other Termina = Realm of the Ocean King Theories, and I personally think people are reading a bit too much into things.

Some is a stretch, but overall I would say this is a very investing view that really made me think about these differently (even if I don't believe it)

Actually, you are not the first with this idea, I have seen i before in this forums.

I haven't played PH, so I have not much to say, but from what I can say I disagree more with this theory than I agree, but I still give it some chance

Yes Hyrule was flooded, however hyrule was flooded before link even became an adult

I am not sure if I may "fix" it with a not before flooded before, or just say it seems wrong, Hyrule is flooded some amount of time after Link defeats Ganon when he is an adult, then he is send back in time (to another timeline) and then MM happens

K

kroni

I submitted this theory myself a few weeks ago. I support it because it makes good plot symmetry and avoids needlessly complicating the zelda-verse with more realms.

People who are saying that there is no ingame evidence to make the theory viable are simply not looking hard enough. Look at Bellum's eyes, people...they're completely identical down to the smallest photoshop pixel. Not to mention his purplish hue and his ability to possess people... Also, Bellum's character motivations are largely unknown and unpredictable, as was Majoras. ("Bellum" is also latin for war while the name "Majora" may stem from Major.)

How do you explain the co-existence of Kiboli and that other postman from world of the ocean king? In OOT/MM era, there were also two postmen, but one lived in Termina and was a parallel duplicate. In WW/PH era, Kiboli is implied to be a descendant of a postman, possibly the one from Minish Cap, while the postman with wings from PH likely is a descendant of MM's postman. (I'm not going to get into whether they were reincarnated, because it really doesn't change my point very much. There are still 2 postman descendants in this time period that clearly came from different ancestry.)

The people who are claiming that WOTOK is just another sea next to Hyrule are also disregarding a lot of evidence. What kind of sea is only accessible from a ghost ship? Why would sailing to a new sea have the effect of resetting time when you came back? WOTOK is no normal sea, it is magically separated from Hyrule by the ghost ship and works on a different temperal clock. Lawyered.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom