• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Temple of Time = Arbiter's Grounds...?

M

MOTOVRES

This is the biggest thing currently bugging me about Skyward Sword.

It's fairly easy to accept that places change and are different in every game, with towns and Hyrule Castle and Death Mountain etc. always kind of moving around a bit.

But the location of the TEMPLE OF TIME in Skyward Sword really throws me off.

I mean, it's in the DESERT. WTF?

And the map layout places it almost exactly where Arbiter's Grounds would end up being in Twilight Princess. AND they both had a similar Mirror/Gate.

AND, the Sacred Temple, where the Master Sword is laid to rest with a forest backdrop, looks like it could have been rebuilt as the Temple of Time only to go into ruin before being run over by Faron Woods for Twilight Princess.

Thoughts????

Aelic7

The Young Drifter
You know, that's exactly what I thought when I saw the Temple of time. Sometime between SS and TP, something must have happened that changed it into the Arbiter's Grounds.

Also, I think the Sealed Temple becomes the temple of time, seeing how the geography makes more sense and the architecture is similar.

Danigo92498

Someone You Met Online
Also if you think about it TP happened AFTER SS so the land could have changed over that time period, like maybe Link and Zelda renovated Lanayru Desert...

Obviously the sealed temple turns into the temple of time
but the arbiters grounds i don't know i think that the temple of time got destroyed (somehow) and more sand piles up (as it does overtime) and turns into the TP desert

M

MOTOVRES

Yes it would seem obvious that the Sealed Temple is rebuilt into the Temple of Time, maybe, as suggested above, after the desert overtakes the original.

Or maybe the desert is chosen as the Prison/Execution Spot for Ganandorf since it is more remote, and Arbiter's Grounds is built for that purpose.

ALSO was thinking this: Since both spots had a Gate of Time, maybe some of that... "MAGIC" was left behind in both spots and could be re-purposed: A Portal to the Sacred Realm in Ocarina and A Portal to the Twilight Realm in TP.

Last edited by a moderator:
M

mbcrazed

Maybe the temple of time moves to different places in time, so ganon or any other bad guy can't find it.

Yes I think they are related because of the mirror thing and the location but there are probably more details we are missing

Impa

Sheikahchu
Makes a lot of sense. Perhaps it was the first Temple of Time before SS. But then it got destroyed and the land turned to desert. Then the Gerudo inhabited the desert and rebuilt the temple by the time of OoT. Then by TP it became the Arbiter's Grounds as the Gerudos died off into stalfos.

M

MOTOVRES

Another thing that bugs me about it the Temple here is the large Royal Crest.

Throughout the cutscenes at the end we are shown that the inahbitants of Skyloft are intrigued by the SMALL birds on the surface. Unless I am missing something from the beginning of the game, it would seem that the Loftwings only resided in the sky. (There are other large birds on the surface however - two different types in the desert area).

Why, then, did the ancient civilization of Hylians create the Crest that way? (2 points of evidence are actually shown that they knew of these great birds: The Crest and the Hylian Shield you recieve from the Thunder Dragon, containing the Crest).

Thoughts???

All in all, it seems that the placement and nature of the Temple of Time in Skyward Sword is an intentional mystery put forth by Nintendo.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
I think the arbiters grounds is the spirit temple. It has the large female statue in one of the rooms, similar to the one in the spirit temple.

The Gate of Time in The Temple of Time in SS got destroyed, and the Sealed Temple has the last Gate of Time in existence, so probably the Sealed Temple became the new Temple of Time and the one in the Desert became nothing....

M

MOTOVRES

SPOILER should go without saying at this point, but Impa destroys the Gate at the end.

T

TND

Seems plausible. I've always just had a hard time thinking about the pedestal that the Master Sword is in changing locations all willy-nilly every game. I like to think that it's all the same place.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom