• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Tears of the Kingdom Statue Thing

The owl depiction is supposed to be a Zonai depiction of Hylia based on the Blupees, surrounded by 7 spirals representing the seven sages. The carvings are depicting the aftermath of the First Calamity, and it looks like Zelda's love for Link was somehow involved (based on her holding hands with him under a heart symbol; might be too spot-on?) I do think, especially with reverse-time mechanic being how you get to the sky, that time travel will play a role. If you also look at the back of the bird glider, which is obviously Zonai-inspired, it looks like there is a bronze Yiga talisman? More evidence of Sheikah-Zonai collaboration being influential in the sealing of the first Calamity. There's also an energy tattoo on the Illumeni Plateau, and a "spirit vortex" on Mount Rhoam; maybe this is what summoned the bird glider? Any thoughts, specifically about the owl carving being the Goddess Hylia?

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
I think you are pretty spot on. Seems like there will be heavy Zonai involvement in the game, and that the Zonai suddenly disappeared from Hyrule because they migrated to the sky, perhaps.

The central deity on the mural probably is the Zonai depiction of Hylia, but I'm not sure how I feel about the blupee comparison though. The 7 spirals representing the seven sages could be the case, but beyond that my thought is those spirals might be Tears.

Perhaps Link will have to collect 7 Tears hidden away in 7 dungeons, which would explain the subtitle.

I think you are pretty spot on. Seems like there will be heavy Zonai involvement in the game, and that the Zonai suddenly disappeared from Hyrule because they migrated to the sky, perhaps.

The central deity on the mural probably is the Zonai depiction of Hylia, but I'm not sure how I feel about the blupee comparison though. The 7 spirals representing the seven sages could be the case, but beyond that my thought is those spirals might be Tears.

Perhaps Link will have to collect 7 Tears hidden away in 7 dungeons, which would explain the subtitle.

I thought that the figure might be a past incarnation of Zelda that was sacrificed to Ganon to help him regain his human shape(and maybe his wits), just like how Hylia was sacrificed to the Imprisoned to make him regain his original form and wits, although that's based on the assumption that Ganon was ever truly stuck in his beast form on the Downfall Timeline when that isn't confirmed(just because we only see him in his beast form doesn't confirm that he's unable to turn back into a human anyway), but I like your idea as well.

Glad that there's evidence suggesting seven dungeons; I love BotW, but one extra dungeon atleast would've been great, although all the mini dungeons helped make up for it.

Uwu_Oocoo2

Joy is in video games and colored pencils
ZD Legend
Forum Volunteer
The owl depiction is supposed to be a Zonai depiction of Hylia based on the Blupees, surrounded by 7 spirals representing the seven sages. The carvings are depicting the aftermath of the First Calamity, and it looks like Zelda's love for Link was somehow involved (based on her holding hands with him under a heart symbol; might be too spot-on?) I do think, especially with reverse-time mechanic being how you get to the sky, that time travel will play a role. If you also look at the back of the bird glider, which is obviously Zonai-inspired, it looks like there is a bronze Yiga talisman? More evidence of Sheikah-Zonai collaboration being influential in the sealing of the first Calamity. There's also an energy tattoo on the Illumeni Plateau, and a "spirit vortex" on Mount Rhoam; maybe this is what summoned the bird glider? Any thoughts, specifically about the owl carving being the Goddess Hylia?
I'm not sure if I agree with the bolded section of this op. The first time we see this carving of Zelda, we don't see who the other hand belongs to. But, if we look at the image behind the logo at the very end-
Screenshot_20220913-232640_YouTube.jpg
It's actually the larger entity, possibly Hylia, that we see carved in the beginning. You can see where their hands touch here. This may be symbolic of the connection between Hylia and the royal family or a Zelda in the past.

It's actually the larger entity, possibly Hylia, that we see carved in the beginning.
I missed this! I wonder how tied to Skyward Sword this game will be; Fujibayashi directed Skyward Sword, Breath of the Wild, and now Tears of the Kingdom, and so you could see this as a trilogy, but I don't know how much the story will reflect this. Zelda interacting with Zonai-Hylia though may suggest that it will be tied to the origins of Hyrule more than anticipated considering Hylia was only around for the beginning and end of the timeline, and they now likely create games with the knowledge that we know about the timeline.

Sorry if this topic already exists. So, there are many theories as to who the mural of the mysterious figure is in the trailer.

Some think it is Hylia. Some think the 8th Heroine. Some think a Zonai god. Some think a divine form of Link himself. Some even think Midna.

While I think some of those could be likely, I also think that it might be Rauru. As it looks a bit like the owl from OOT (who is actually Rauru). Also, this would fit that 'lead sage' rumour from a while back

I think there's something about whoever it is being feminine and Blupee-esque, and Rauru isn't feminine or Blupee-esque, but he is owl-like and Blupees are kind of owl-like, idk. However, the lead sage theory is interesting: they didn't need to get the sages to seal Ganon in BotW, but Yunobo, Teba, Sidon, Riju, Link, Zelda, and this being may end up being the seven sages of this game. Maybe, idk.

OOOOOOO, it could be SHEILA. Who's Sheila you might ask? Watch out I'm gonna tell you, she's Rauru's ex-wife, they got divorced because Rauru kept going into the Sacred Realm and not coming back for months and the kids needed a man to give them food, and so Sheila went out looking for money and found a Blupee and shot it with her bow and then the Lord of the Mountain was like, "Don't hurt my homies, bro" and turned her into a Blupee Owl Lady Goddess.

Sheila is going to give Zelda crazy God powers and she's gonna turn herself into a stone Zonai bird and fly Link around and Link is gonna go and find Midna who's been chilling in the clouds for 150,000 years and she'll be like, "Hey bro, I know Ganondorf is getting you down and destroyed the surface, but here's 7 elemental-themed temples you can go to and collect these capsule-tears from the Sheikah that cried before being violently sealed in the Twilight Realm during the Vaati resurgence." And she'll be like "also I found this cute ball of light, bring him with you, his name is Kyle."

And then Link is gonna go run around and find all the tears, and then they will un-turn Zelda from the bird and they, with their united power, will sing a pretty song and make Ganondorf realize that they are all existentially sad and they will all cry together and then Link will slowly stab Ganondorf through the chest because the Zonai hand tells him to, and then the Zonai hand will rip itself out of Link and be like IT WAS ME VAATI THE WHOLE TIME and then Sheila will sacrifice herself by falling in love with Vaati, and then Link and Zelda will say "screw this" and get on a boat and sail out across the sea, and then we'll pan down and Rauru will be standing on the top of Eventide Island watching them leave and we'll see him crying and then the game will be over, and we will realize that Kyle was Rauru the whole time and then WE will cry and rush out to buy the Oracle of Season remake.

Or it could just be Hylia like I suggest in the other thread.

OOOOOOO, it could be SHEILA. Who's Sheila you might ask? Watch out I'm gonna tell you, she's Rauru's ex-wife, they got divorced because Rauru kept going into the Sacred Realm and not coming back for months and the kids needed a man to give them food, and so Sheila went out looking for money and found a Blupee and shot it with her bow and then the Lord of the Mountain was like, "Don't hurt my homies, bro" and turned her into a Blupee Owl Lady Goddess.

Sheila is going to give Zelda crazy God powers and she's gonna turn herself into a stone Zonai bird and fly Link around and Link is gonna go and find Midna who's been chilling in the clouds for 150,000 years and she'll be like, "Hey bro, I know Ganondorf is getting you down and destroyed the surface, but here's 7 elemental-themed temples you can go to and collect these capsule-tears from the Sheikah that cried before being violently sealed in the Twilight Realm during the Vaati resurgence." And she'll be like "also I found this cute ball of light, bring him with you, his name is Kyle."

And then Link is gonna go run around and find all the tears, and then they will un-turn Zelda from the bird and they, with their united power, will sing a pretty song and make Ganondorf realize that they are all existentially sad and they will all cry together and then Link will slowly stab Ganondorf through the chest because the Zonai hand tells him to, and then the Zonai hand will rip itself out of Link and be like IT WAS ME VAATI THE WHOLE TIME and then Sheila will sacrifice herself by falling in love with Vaati, and then Link and Zelda will say "screw this" and get on a boat and sail out across the sea, and then we'll pan down and Rauru will be standing on the top of Eventide Island watching them leave and we'll see him crying and then the game will be over, and we will realize that Kyle was Rauru the whole time and then WE will cry and rush out to buy the Oracle of Season remake.
9:46 PM <Cassandra> If I wrote a fanfiction about Link falling madly in love with the Bridge of Eldin and then the bridge of eldin had aids which caused it to fall in love with Twinrovas pancreas would you guys read it?

That aside, I'd be down for it being Rauru. It feels too boring and predictable for it to be Hylia. I hope it's not Hylia just because everyone is assuming it is.
And GZ I cannot tell if you are joking or not, but if you aren't then... what? And if you are, then it's uncool of you to make fun of someone for proposing something new when its not even a ridiculous proposal.

And GZ I cannot tell if you are joking or not, but if you aren't then... what? And if you are, then it's uncool of you to make fun of someone for proposing something new when its not even a ridiculous proposal.
My broader point is that, if it isn't Hylia, I think it should be a new character, deeply tied to the seven sages and the Sheikah and the Twili and Vaati. The first paragraph is more my real thoughts: I think the femininity of the character is important, but maybe, if it were to be related to Rauru, it could be his wife. I don't think it would be Rauru himself, though; again, because of the femininity. The Blupee-Owl face seems much more to do with the natural world rather than the spiritual world that Rauru belongs in: I would even suggest Saria or Fado over Rauru.

It's true that the figure looks a little feminine to be Rauru, but having said that, it's not always easy to tell on a carving/mural, especially if it is a divine form of Rauru. I also think it would be cool if it was Rauru as it would give the character more development. I would however be equally happy if it is someone zonai related, or Hylia. I'm just very intrigued by this figure either way

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom