• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Talking to Animals

Hyrulian Hero

Zelda Informer Codger
What animal do you talk to most throughout the series? An owl possibly? A fish? I haven't done my homework on this one but I'm wondering if it's maybe a frog. Phantom Hourglass, you talk to Cyclos and golden frogs. Twilight Princess, your talk to frogs as a wolf. Ocarina of Time, you talk to the Fabulous Five Froggish Tenors. Majora's Mask, you talk to frogs with Don Gero's Mask. Wind Waker, you talk to the frog gods (although we don't necessarily have to consider them frogs). Link's Awakening, you talk to Mamu. Seems like more of an obscure creature to choose to be Zelda's most talked-to animal. Any chance talking to frogs is like a Japanese thing that I'm unaware of or is it specific to Zelda? Is there a different animal you talk to more? Maybe a monkey?

From what I know about the Japanese culture, frogs seem on brand. Though not being talked to, BotW/TotK has many frog statues, and now there are the bubble frogs. Frogs do seem to be connected to some under current of the series.

From what I know about the Japanese culture, frogs seem on brand. Though not being talked to, BotW/TotK has many frog statues, and now there are the bubble frogs. Frogs do seem to be connected to some under current of the series.
Frog statues? If you're talking about those small statues that you have to give offering sometimes like an apple or something. If you take direct relation from real life, those are children grave markers The graves are supposed to be human children. Or in this case, Hylian children.

What animal do you talk to most throughout the series? An owl possibly? A fish? I haven't done my homework on this one but I'm wondering if it's maybe a frog. Phantom Hourglass, you talk to Cyclos and golden frogs. Twilight Princess, your talk to frogs as a wolf. Ocarina of Time, you talk to the Fabulous Five Froggish Tenors. Majora's Mask, you talk to frogs with Don Gero's Mask. Wind Waker, you talk to the frog gods (although we don't necessarily have to consider them frogs). Link's Awakening, you talk to Mamu. Seems like more of an obscure creature to choose to be Zelda's most talked-to animal. Any chance talking to frogs is like a Japanese thing that I'm unaware of or is it specific to Zelda? Is there a different animal you talk to more? Maybe a monkey?
When you put it that way, you talk to more frogs than fairies in these games

Frog statues? If you're talking about those small statues that you have to give offering sometimes like an apple or something. If you take direct relation from real life, those are children grave markers The graves are supposed to be human children. Or in this case, Hylian children.
From what I understand, it would be less grave marker, and more shrine to the spirits of the dead in general. I may be wrong, so if you have a reference for something that specific, please give me a link.

You may be right, it's been a while since I've heard about that fact. But either way, it would still be a shrine dedicated to Hyrulian souls, not frogs. But if you're referring to a different type of statue, mind showing a pic? Cuz I don't remember any frog statues in Breath of the Wild, but I could be wrong.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom