• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Tageting in Zelda Wii

Raven

Former Hylian Knight
ok so we all love Z-targeting right? but how will Zelda Wii use it or improve on it? I'm thinking it will help us to fight enemies with the new motion plus combat, but how will these two concepts work together? There is a possibility that we could change the view from third to first person, combined with tageting we could fight one on one from two different perspectives. Upclose and pesonal or slightly removed from the battle so that we can see more of our surroundings. we could also abandon the targeting system for large battles and just hack n slash, But bosses require the attention targeting can offer so it is sure to be included.

Will we see a return of the yellow rotating arrows? or perhaps we will see a light beneath the enemies feet to indicate who we are targeting... Do you think they will use a new targeting system? I sure do! maybe the mysterious girl will help us with targeting, actually that sounds like it could be the case. What do you guys think about the targeting system? maybe Zelda Wii will up the anti.

Master Kokiri 9

The Dungeon Master
Personally, I think it's going to be like it was in the other four 3D Zelda titles in the sense that it just orients you towards the enemy you want to face.

And I'm not sure how it's going to be implimented, but I hope that you get to point at an enemy and press the Z button to target instead of having to orient Link in a certain direction to face a certain enemy.

TVTMaster

Guy What's Angry Now
In the best of all possible Zelda Wii games, there would be two targeting systems- the usual Z-targeting for more standard enemies that require items and movement tactics to defeat rather than swordplay, and similar sort of targeting- you know when you Z-target without an enemy present, and Link stays facing away from the stationary camera, sidestepping or walking backwards? Imagine something like that, with a bit of zoom and an automatic camera rotation to face the targeted enemy. When Link needs to get in some fancy moves with his sword to bypass a skilled opponent, you "duel target" or "C-target" or something, leaving the usual system intact for the main game navigation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom