• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Systems You Played to Death.

Are there any systems you played so much that they broke? Me, just my GBA although my ps2 is near death. My other systems always get threwn out before there time is done(yes, i'm looking at you jimmy). I also broke some kiddie computer thing. i forget what its called. it had a touch screen. I could still doodle on the screen but it wouldn't load any games. my friend broke the hinge on his ds. on his ds lite the tough screen would be permenantly off target because of wrong codes on his action replay.

Idea for thread is from one i saw on a final fantasy site.

Last edited:
Well, it didn't break, but our first GameCube lost its ability to read certain discs. Some games it could read, but most of the ones I played the most, it couldn't.

S

SamuraiOfShikah

My Nintendo 64... Well, it was the only system I had.

I ended up with a broken GameCube, but unlike Pocket Asian, it would read all discs. But five minutes into the game, the screen would go black and no sound would come from the speakers, but the GameCube's light was still on. To add insult to injury, it started doing this the very same day my friend got his new GameCube. So we bought another one. It worked and my sister and I finally had a second controller to play with, so when my mom wanted to sell the old GameCube, it had to go with the controller it came with. And we weren't able to play multiplayer anymore.

D

deku guy

my two ds's and my sonic adventure 2
(fffiiillliiinnnggg ssspppaaacccee)

Yeah, I played my first GBA to literal death. It might have been because I dropped it so many times, or that it was my punching bag for when I didn't get first in Mario Kart for GBA.... But the screen actually ended up shattered. I don't really remember how it happened, but it already had quite a few cracks, and I guess it just couldn't take much more abuse. :P

Kybyrian

I do believe that I played both my Sega, Atari, and SNES to death. The only games I had for SNES were a select few, but I guess I play on it often enough. I know well that I played my Sega to death... it just quit working one day while I was playing Sonic. I believe I got the Atari from one of my cousins or some other relative, so it was certainly played before I had it.

Not a system, but I did play my Pokemon Red and Blue games to death. They died on me.

My Gamecube's been played to death(Probably because I played Wind Waker and Animal Crossing way too much). It no longer reads discs anymore. It only works if I smack it enough times.

NorthApple

GIVE ME THE APPLE!!
I've never played an actual console to death (*touch wood*) though one of our SNES handsets died, two wiimotes (I blame my brothers) and my mum played our original GameBoy Tetris cartridge so much the battery ran out and it no longer saves scores.
Though my DS lite is on the verge, the hinge is going, and the touch screen is pretty damaged so when you press down, it recognises your touch around half a centimetre to the right in some places :C I guess it just couldn't handle the awesomeness of both PH and ST combined xDDD

Len

Zelda On Paper
the only, only, only system i played 'till broke was my big fat Old Nintendo Ds, the touch screen was a little damaged, so it couldn't help not a small time playing some games on it, in fact the touchscreed did loose the touch signal, and the shell did crack from the upper screen left corner... so a few more days i tried to play some games on it, but when i did tried to turn it on, the battery was dead.

and so i did get myself a NDS light. no big problem on the old one... i keep the old ds in a small box... R.I.P. fattty ds you were a good system to play on for a good loong time.

CZG

A lot of Nintendo 64 analogue sticks, mostly friends' with no gaming experiences fault.
And some games were bad (for your joypad) like the early Mario Parties.
Playstations seem to die on themselves, not by playing much. I didn't have one, but all people I know had them for two years at most. I'm not sure what the do with their goods though. I must say, the joypads are the best. You can't break them down. Disks and the lasers that read them are just too fragile.

Cartidge console are indestructable, maybe a button on the gamepad dies eventually after many years, but if you manage to destroy your NES, SNES or N64, you're doing something very wrong.

The only thing we played to death were two 'R' button on the SNES. Years of Super Mario Kart...
Not a bad thing, I didn't expect a single botton to last for 15 years or so.

Tom

Well, my cousin's SNES and my N64 got pretty damaged after all these years... but none of them actually stopped working.
Video-games are precious stuff, and therefore must be handled with care :0
But I don't think I child is able to do so, so whatever.

Austin

Austin
I don't know how much it requires to break a system, but I play a lot of video games! However, I take very good care of my systems. I clean them and put them in a dust-free environment. The only time I ever got a console error/broken, was the red ring of death for my Xbox, but I mailed it in and got it fixed for free.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom