• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Swimming Across the Great Sea.

Just for fun, has anyone ever thought about how long it would take if you could actually swim across the Great Sea. I know its not possible but it take like 10 minutes or more to sail across with the King of Red Lions and the limited swimming you can do is probably one of the slowest forms of movement in the game. If it was possible would you try it?

Also, on a side not and to make this thread so it's not completely nonsense, I think they limited the swimming because you can't use any items while swimming, and if you were in the middle of nowhere it would take way too long to swim to land, thus making the game much more irritating.

What they could have done is have the King of Red Lions follow you around, and, before you got him, not let you leave the sector you are currently in.
What does everybody else here think about that?

Scythe-of-Chaos

I'm an assassin.... sshhh
well, I think that it would be REALLY hard to swim the entire ocean. because of sharks and other water enimies. that is actually a scary thought to me

athenian200

Circumspect
a place of settlement, activity, or residence.
I would have tried it, especially early on in the game where the King of the Red Lions won't let you go out of a sector. I would have swam away just to spite him, even if it took me hours to get to land.

It probably would be possible with some kind of Gameshark or similar device. It would just have to stop that stamina meter from falling while you were in the water. Probably not that difficult to do.

C

Chibi-Robo Link

I got bored after sailing from Windfall to the Forsaken Fortress. There is no way I would be able to do that without killing myself.

LozzyKate

Ask Me Why I Love The Photoshops
Considering the speed at which Link swims in general, I would say that even if you kept repeatedly hitting the A button, it would take 45 minutes to and hour to swim the entire Great Sea.

Rishian

The Meat Shield
I would go crazy if I started swimming and realized that I was lost..
it would take much too long, and there would be no gameplay other then swimming (and possibly dying from water creatures.. :( )

Tak

Game Over
Sailing accross the ocean was tedious enough. Now you want swimming!?! O.O

I think it would be a horrible idea, but there would be some benefits. I mean, there are some points for good comedic dialogue if you keep trying to swim away from the KoRL.

iwu9zs.jpg

Len

Zelda On Paper
1. No, i would waste time and health, im not patient when im doing this kind of stuff in a game, sorry.
and crossing the Great Sea by just swimming is probably the hardest thing i ever had to do, really, i don't know how i would react to that. like wha!!??

2.- you mean something like: "Hey, where are you going?" a closed sector wich prevents you from leaving the place?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom