• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Super Mario Galaxy or Super Mario Sunshine?

SmG or SmS

• Super Mario Galaxy

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Super Mario Sunshine

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

shaymin1

Derp.
I personally prefer Sunshine. It was the first ever Mario game I seriously involved myself in, and I felt Galaxy was FAR too easy. It just didn't give me the same kind of satisfaction that I got when I finally finished Sunshine. Also, Sunshine was very fun to just explore, you didn't even need to be doing something to have loads of fun.
This is exactly what I think.
It was fun to just explore.

Rare Addict

Site Staff
That's a tough question. While Galaxy is, in many ways, better than Sunshine, the latter had a much greater influence on me at the time of its release. That said, I was super gung-ho about Mario back around 2002. Still a huge fan of the series, but I would imagine that, if Galaxy were to release back then, my mind would've just exploded.

Galaxy. Sunshine sadly is my least favorite 3D Mario platformer. (Don't get the wrong idea, I still like it.) The Blue coins in Sunshine were hidden in OBSCURE places the you would literally have to spray air to find them all. I did however like the soundtrack in SMS, like the Boss Battle music, which is still one of my favorite boss battle themes in the series. Super Mario Sunshine falls weak to Galaxy in terms of gameplay though. I do like the mechanic in Mario Sunshine, but it's really a cop out to players from platforming properly as they will spam the hover nozzle. So thank god for those levels that Fludd is taken away from you for that purpose.

I absolutely love the vibe sunshine gives off, the whole theme and soundtrack are great. I can just sit there in town and injoy the music forever. I get so frustrated at certain levels like the sandbird ( HATE THAT DARN SANDBIRD!!!). Galaxy was pretty cool but i never finished it, my cousins came to my house and broke my wii..... that was a great day.

Fig

The Altruist
I love both of them! They are both epic games of Mario. Super Mario Galaxy though was by far a greater game because of the gameplay, storyline, and had a bigger feeling of emotion for the player. Super Mario FTW!!!!!!!! I <3 Nintendo! :)

I think galaxy was better, but it was a little too easy and FLUDD was awesome. What we need is a galaxy style game with FLUDD in it.

Super Mario Galaxy in my opinion, is the greatest game ever made. The game had genius level design, colorful visuals, flawless controls, superb gameplay, and of course absolutely perfect music.

I personally think after having started Super Mario Galaxy a few days ago, and gotten fairly far into it, that Galaxy is the better of the two. I think the music and visuals are quite lovely, and the story seems to be rather cute. I think the use of gravity and such is quite interesting, as well. I'm finding it easier than Sunshine, though, and I liked Sunshine's difficulty. While Super Mario Sunshine is very nostalgic for me, I just have to say that I think I'm enjoying Galaxy more. Mostly, I think that would be because Galaxy has a much better overall "flow" to the gameplay than Sunshine does. I like them both wonderfully, though, and now I'm really hoping to see if I can pick up a copy of Super Mario Galaxy 2, as I'm almost done with the first one. <3

The lumas are so cute... :>

C

cloneofshadow

I have to go with Super Mario Galaxy on this one. The whole concept of going into different themed world allowed for alot of level diversity away from the typical "all stages will be this" attitude. The gravity mechanic also allowed for planets to be spherical instead of just flat plains and mountains with set goals. Also it as neat to see all the background actions such as comets passing by in the distance and star bits falling on each world.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom