• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Zelda Strange Happenings in Hyrule?

Beauts

Rock and roll will never die
The girl by the stump AKA Fado was meant to be another Sage originally, and the weird lines she had left over are probably remnants of when she was much more relevant and therefore probably much less creepy.

I've always wondered about female goron's? Surely there are some? It kind of seems like they're always male but I'm guessing it's just impossible to distinguish?

Dragoncat

Twilit wildcat: Aerofelis
SO the chances of male child with a Hylian and Gerudo is always female unless the 100 year quota of male? But then why does there seems to be antagonism between the two races since that mean nearly all Gerudo would have Hylian blood. Wouldn't integrating them into Hylian society in easy that way?
There's a theory somebody had that they angered the gods somehow, so the gods put them under a curse that makes almost all males die in the womb. As for the antagonism...well, I'm sure not every hylian man would jump at the chance to have a one night stand with a gerudo. The ones that do would be considered creeps. Think about it, if there was a guy who went around sleeping with everything that moves...he would be an outcast in his society for sure. Not only that, but remember the Kakariko carpenters? They were kidnapped, right? This leads me to believe that sometimes, when the gerudos have trouble finding willing men, they use force. Sounds like a good reason for the relations between the two races to be troubled to me.

Salem

SICK
There's a theory somebody had that they angered the gods somehow, so the gods put them under a curse that makes almost all males die in the womb. As for the antagonism...well, I'm sure not every hylian man would jump at the chance to have a one night stand with a gerudo. The ones that do would be considered creeps. Think about it, if there was a guy who went around sleeping with everything that moves...he would be an outcast in his society for sure. Not only that, but remember the Kakariko carpenters? They were kidnapped, right? This leads me to believe that sometimes, when the gerudos have trouble finding willing men, they use force. Sounds like a good reason for the relations between the two races to be troubled to me.
So where did the gerudo come from? they're just this cursed branch of hylians? Nintendo probably won't and maybe shouldn't tell us?

The Kakariko Village well is apparently the source of their drinking water.

Villager 1: Gee, don't you think we should maybe you know... filter some of the undead flesh out of our water?
Villager 2: It tastes fine to me.
Villager 1: Look, I know we have a centuries-long tradition of storing corpses in the well but maybe -
Villager 2: What are you suggesting? That we should go against tradition?
Villager 1: I mean... it's not sanitary, you know?
Villager 2: It's good for you! All those extra nutrients.
Villager 1: ......
Villager 2: What?

Like... ew.

Well, it does take place in a period similar to our own middle ages, where tainted drinking water was per the norm.

videogamenerd10

Indigo Child
How the heck does this guy have his own shop? He's a small child and he isn't even tall enough to reach the counter!
malo.png

Well I've always wondered what characters do behind the scenes. What do they do when Link isn't around? Just in general. What do they do for a living? What do they eat? What do they do when they go on dates? There's just so many things to consider that the characters could be doing when you're not around. I'm not sure if Nintendo puts any thought into any of that but I think it would be pretty cool if they did. I'd like to see towns in Zelda like those in a game like Skyrim where there's multiple taverns and hotels and whatnot. I think it would be a nice added touch along with a good way to introduce sidequests and characters.

I should also add that Majora's Mask answered this question pretty well with its three-day cycle. You could basically figure out what every character did at every moment of every day, which I thought was a pretty awesome feature. However that only gives you insight on the characters in one game and doesn't answer the question for any of the other games.

Last edited:

r2d93

Hero of the Stars
The fact that no one finds it suspicious that a wolf with an imp on its back can turn behind a wall and 1 second later out pops Link

How do more Kokiri come to be... and if Kokiri can supposedly live for hundreds of years:
-Where was Fado (the Wind Temple sage in WW) during OoT
-Why is it no one in Kokiri forest ever bothered telling Link that a woman brought him to the forest as a baby? At least some of them had to see her waltz in and die

Shadsie

Sage of Tales
*Skim, skim... sorry, watching Colbert...*

To the Zora thing... I remember an old comedian once said "I never drink water. Fish *forincate* in it."

A friend and I who have been discussing our re-work of a fanfic we did together came up with a *very* specific way to butcher cuccoos for dinner. Take the cuccoo into a shed, away from the rest of the flock and dispatch it quietly. To dispatch the bird in front of its buddies will invite the ax-crazy cuccoo-revenge-squad. Hylians probably have all sorts of rituals and practices for the preparing and eating of chicken...

I wonder just how the Gerudo are able to live... like, if they have farm fields and irrigation and (stuff like what enables people to survive in Arizona). They do not seem to be a farming people, so do they get all or most of what the subsist on from ambushing unwary travelers in the desert?

I wonder if some of the pots that are in people's houses that we all love obessively smashing as Link are chamber-pots. Latrines exist in Hyrule (or at least in Termina, Labrynna and the Sky...) but they seem so few and far-between. I wonder if Link has smashed a pot only to find it full of nasty stuff that he wanted to immediately clean from his sword without touching it!

videogamenerd10

Indigo Child
Well, there was this one part in Majora's Mask where this man said that he would give me a seahorse (who by the way, pleads for me to help him) if I give him pictures of female pirates. I didn't feel right just then and when I did it.

Dragoncat

Twilit wildcat: Aerofelis
I wonder if some of the pots that are in people's houses that we all love obessively smashing as Link are chamber-pots. Latrines exist in Hyrule (or at least in Termina, Labrynna and the Sky...) but they seem so few and far-between. I wonder if Link has smashed a pot only to find it full of nasty stuff that he wanted to immediately clean from his sword without touching it!
Brawl in the Family did a comic about that, lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom