• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Starter Type

What's your starter type?

• Fire

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water

• Grass

• Total voters
I am talking about the ones you can catch. there is way moar fires then those. A llot of them can be caught after beating the game, not in swarms.

Really? where? I'd really like to know, and as you pointed out, AFTER you beat the game. So after you beat the Elite Four and no longer have need of training up a powerful fire type, you can get them, which sucks really. The only two available before that point are chimchar and ponyta.

Hmm... I just noticed something about the gen 4 starters. By the time they all finish evolving, they acquire a type advantage against their rival starter. It starts simply enough. Fire > grass > water. But when you add in their second type matchups fighting > steel > ground > they all become evenly matched. I know that steel doesn't give an advantage over ground type moves, but the steel ability takes away the advantage of grass type moves for empoleon. Torterra gains a type advantage over Infernape, Empoleon gains a defense advantage over Torterra, and Infernape gains a type advantage against Empoleon.

Lukémon

Shows over folks!
hey, come to think of it, ur right.

Plus i've noticed there seems to be a lot more water types than other types, for example, I've got a box and a half full of water types, meanwhile , I only seem to have one row of Ice, Ghost and Fighting types, and two rows of electric, ground and dragon types, so compared to other types there seem to be a lot of water types.

When I was younger I would never choose the Grass type, but these days it feels like it's the only one that Suits my style of fighting.
(Out of the three)

Lukémon

Shows over folks!
Lately I've been trying out the grass types, but I've not had much preference for them ( except Treecko who's just badass )

spaffy152

It's what ever
i usually pick my favorite starter from said region but i am a fan of the grass types mostly!

Lol, he's the only fire type besides heatran and ponyta

I didn't like chimchar all that much, but I chose his for that reason, and I like his evolutions. I personally like fire-type pokèmon over the others so it made me kind of sad to see so little added.

I don't pick a certain type that I stick with, I normally choose based on the starters in that region...
Kanto: I liked Charmander the best
Johto: I liked Cyndaquil the best
Hoenn:I liked Treeko the best
Shinnoh: Chimchar (Then Piplup)
Unova: I haven't played B/W yet but I like Oshawott and Snivy's designs

Last edited:
Well, I love mostly every single type, really. Fire types I love, water types were always my starters when I first began, and grass types take a while, but grow to be super useful. (But with water types, you usually get to learn ice moves . . .)

I usually pick fire because there never any fire types to choose from, like in diamond and pearl you either chose chimchar or you had to go with ponyta or just not get a fire type until after the E4

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom