• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Zelda Art Stalchild

Skunk

Floof
Once three soldiers went off into a great wood. Once inside,they became lost,but knew that surely there would be some way out. One soldier said that they should set up camp for the night and try to get out in the morning. The other thought this to be a sensible idea, and eventually they got a small fire lit for warmth. Around the fire the warriors sat, and one said that he had once heard a strange legend of woods that consume men, and their dead bones become reanimated, fuled by anger. The spirits of those who get lost are scattered across the land, seeking something they will never find, their body. Theother two soldiers shuddered, wanting to just sleep and find out this whole misadventure was a dream, and at last they eventually did sleep. But each had strange dreams.

The first soldier, a man of valour, was on a large field, flat for miles all around. On the ground were the bones of children,all around him. The soldier took one step foward and all the bones sprung to life. The soldier drew his blade. For what seemed to be days, the soldier fought so hard for his life. At some point in his dream the bones fell to the ground. One's head turned around to look at the soldier and said,"You have shown great power. You are allowed to leave." And with that,the soldier went into a peaceful slumber.

The second soldier, a man who was able to great elaborate strategies and plans, was in some sort of building. On the walls around him were paintings of the bones of children. He was in a long hallway, that continued on and on and on into eternity. One of the paintings on the walls came to life, and in the voice of a young boy said,"One who has interrupted the slumber of the dead, what is it that you seek here?"

The soldier answered back,"I did not come here for anything. Therefore,I wish to not take a single thing with me out of here that I did not enter with.

"So you want nothing?"

"No. I do not want nothing because nothing still represents something."

"Very well. Why are you here?"

After some thought, the soldier said,"I have never left my original place, for right now I stand in my own mind."

"Then why don't you leave? There"s nothing holding you back."

"It would appear that way to some, but your questions are the reason I cannot leave. Am I correct?"

"A human who has avoided my trap... You are very wise for your age, you are now free to escape." And the second soldier,like the first, fell into a peaceful slumber.

The third soldier had a good heart, ready to help thosein need regardless of any possible obstacles. In his dream, the soldier was on a small platform. Nothingness was all around him. In front of him materialized a set of child's bones. They said,"Walk forwad, lest ye stay here for eternity."The bones disappeared. Taking a breath, the soldier walked foward onto solid ground. He continued foward. The bones appeared again, saying,"Now jump down in to your surroundings..." The soldier did ashe was told and fell into a town at night. In front of him was a young girl. She said,"I live at the other end of town, but the monsters roam at night. Please someone help me!" The soldier grabbed her hand and led her toward the area she mentioned. In front of them came a large beast, the little girl hid. The beast said,"The girl is mine, return her to me!" The soldier pulled out his shield, protecting them from any harm from the beast. Eventually they did make it to the little girl's home, and she said,"You have been courageous, you are free." And the third soldier peacefully slept.

When all three awoke, they noticed they were no longer in the woods, infact they were near a village. This happened to be where one of the soldiers was from, so they went there and rested even more. They each told each other about their dreams. But when they did so, all three wandered off again, and all that was found of them was a book, a shield, and a sword...

The Jade Fist

Kung Fu Master
I kinda like the triforce personalities to it. So whats the morale of the story though, what happens in the lost woods stays in the lost woods?

Skunk

Floof
The moral is that problems can be solved through bravery,wisdom and kindness. :nod:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom