• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Staff and User Rankings

8da0abebbb.jpg

Heroine of Time

Rest in peace, Paris Caper...
Just wanted to point out that I'm not listed as a Forum Volunteer for some reason. Are the Competition Leaders not being included in that list, or was that a mistake?

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
Just wanted to point out that I'm not listed as a Forum Volunteer for some reason. Are the Competition Leaders not being included in that list, or was that a mistake?
Hmm I think it was. I'll add you to the list. Forum Volunteer basically includes Event Staff, Article Editors, and Competition Leaders.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
This thread is kind of outdated at the moment anyway. We still have a list of the old usergroups and we're still not sure what we're going to bring back (also coloured usernames). I'd think Forum Volunteer, Wiki Scribe, and Article Writer will return. HKs and HNs are probably going to go though. I did bring this up on the staff chat, but I didn't get any feedback.

I'm thinking of just wiping the HK and HN list and keeping the other groups for future reference.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
Ok I've updated the OP somewhat. Seems HK and HN was cleared anyway, it was just present in the updates, so I've got rid of that and switched the colours of moderators to the banner colour.

What does Mases have to say about the potential removal of the Hylian Noble group? Just curious given the fact that it seemed to have been very important to him. Additionally are there any future plans to honor—in some form—the members that helped in making the forums what they are today?—'User Ranking', trophy, hall of fame page somewhere on the wiki/main site, or otherwise?

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
What does Mases have to say about the potential removal of the Hylian Noble group? Just curious given the fact that it seemed to have been very important to him. Additionally are there any future plans to honor—in some form—the members that helped in making the forums what they are today?—'User Ranking', trophy, hall of fame page somewhere on the wiki/main site, or otherwise?
He said he wasn't too bothered if I recall. I'm sure we could implement something like a hall of fame award and an award to show some appreciation to the HKs. We just came to the conclusion that both, as a rank, weren't really needed and the forum didn't really want them either.

He said he wasn't too bothered if I recall. I'm sure we could implement something like a hall of fame award and an award to show some appreciation to the HKs. We just came to the conclusion that both, as a rank, weren't really needed and the forum didn't really want them either.
Ah. Okay then. That really sucks, though, because as flawed as the old HN thing might've been I still think that something like a Hall of Fame award would be pretty neat. There's just so much negativity surrounding members both new and old —the latter in particular. And I think something like a hall of fame award would serve as a tidbit of positivity as well as give current members a look into the past at the members whose combined efforts gave rise to major forum updates, increased activity, a blog section, groups, new layouts, or what have you.

It also seems kind of sad that most of the current memberbase knows very little about this uplifting, positive stuff when we're frequently given a free, full detail, limited special edition anthology of all the 'bad people' and bad **** that has happened in the forum's history—on a daily basis. lol

Making all those positive contributions solely for it all to be forgotten two years hence. Hm.

A little award/mention on a forum page somewhere isn't much, especially in comparison to all the negative trash I frequently see, but I feel it's better than nothing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom