• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

SSHD ties

Mikey the Moblin

sushi is a suspicious hello
I'm not sure if you mean the intro? b/c those events are definitely seperate from what happened in skyward sword
plus I vividly remember skyward sword being stated as an ocarina of time prequel, minish cap being in b/w wasn't acknowledged by nintendo until hyrule historia (unless there's some info I completely overlooked)
a lot of people considered minish cap as the first game in the timeline, I think
either way I did consider it such
skyward sword was announced as "the first game"
so minish cap being second was made stronger in my mind when having played the two about the same time (maybe minish cap a year after skyward sword)

Last edited:

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion
a lot of people considered minish cap as the first game in the timeline, I think
so minish cap being second was made stronger in my mind when having played the two about the same time (maybe minish cap a year after skyward sword

“THIS TITLE [SKYWARD SWORD] TAKES PLACE BEFORE OCARINA OF TIME. IF I SAID A CERTAIN TITLE WAS ‘THE FIRST ZELDA GAME,’ THEN THAT MEANS THAT WE CAN’T EVER MAKE A TITLE THAT TAKES PLACE BEFORE THAT! SO FOR US TO BE ABLE TO ADD TITLES TO THE SERIES, WE HAVE TO HAVE A WAY OF PUTTING TITLES BEFORE OR AFTER EACH OTHER.”

yes I know you can turn this and say that him not mentioning minish cap doesn't rule out that it takes place in between, but that just goes back to speculation, nothing about the wind tribe is mentioned in relation to skyward sword

also I'm not talking about what other people thought, I want to know when nintendo or capcom or whoever said that minish cap was the first in the timeline prior to hyrule historia

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion
so minish cap being second was made stronger in my mind when having played the two about the same time (maybe minish cap a year after skyward sword

“THIS TITLE [SKYWARD SWORD] TAKES PLACE BEFORE OCARINA OF TIME. IF I SAID A CERTAIN TITLE WAS ‘THE FIRST ZELDA GAME,’ THEN THAT MEANS THAT WE CAN’T EVER MAKE A TITLE THAT TAKES PLACE BEFORE THAT! SO FOR US TO BE ABLE TO ADD TITLES TO THE SERIES, WE HAVE TO HAVE A WAY OF PUTTING TITLES BEFORE OR AFTER EACH OTHER.”

yes I know you can turn this and say that him not mentioning minish cap doesn't rule out that it takes place in between, but that just goes back to speculation, nothing about the wind tribe is mentioned in relation to skyward sword

also I'm not talking about what other people thought, I want to know when nintendo or capcom or whoever said that minish cap was the first in the timeline prior to hyrule historia
if you had a counterargument to this I'd love to hear it still

Uwu_Oocoo2

Joy is in video games and colored pencils
ZD Legend
Forum Volunteer
Something I thought of earlier, thought it would fit in this thread. Do you think Fi will make an appearance in Botw 2?
Botw sets up a lot of stuff with the master sword. We know that Link found it as a child, and has a deep connection to it (except in aoc but WE DONT TALK ABOUT THAT). We can see throughout Creating a Champion references to this bond. When Link almost dies, fi's sound plays, the sword glows, and Zelda realizes there's still hope.
Now onto Botw 2. Several people have noted the dissapearence of Link's master sword between the trailers. What if one of the goals of the game is to recover it? By the time botw takes place, calamity ganon is just a primordial evil that returns in an endless cycle, it's been so long that little is known about it. So what if Link and Zelda are exploring those catacombs searching for a way to break the cycle forever, so it won't all happen again 10,000 years later. And who would happen to possess knowledge about Demise's curse and the cycle of malice? FI! It all makes sense, if you think about it! Or maybe I'm over-thinking it, lol.

Uwu_Oocoo2

Joy is in video games and colored pencils
ZD Legend
Forum Volunteer
I mentioned this idea briefly in the thread regarding the delay of botw 2, but I really need to talk about that extra little bit of the game they gave to appease us and lessen our wrath. Here are the two basic moments of it.
botw2-new1.large.jpg
botw2-newlead2.large.jpg

We see Link by a flame, and then we see him draw his Master Sword which has underwent some form of corruption. And of course, the first thing it brought my mind to was this moment from Skyward Sword.
maxresdefault.jpg

Obviously there are some differences here. In SS there were three sacred flames, each on a pedestal, channeling the power of the Light Force. By absorbing the power of all three flames, Link was able to change the Goddess Sword into the Master Sword. What if he's doing something similar here? He's using the power of the goddesses to purify, strengthen, and restore the master sword. And all of this leads back to one of the last posts I made on this thread-
Something I thought of earlier, thought it would fit in this thread. Do you think Fi will make an appearance in Botw 2?
Botw sets up a lot of stuff with the master sword. We know that Link found it as a child, and has a deep connection to it (except in aoc but WE DONT TALK ABOUT THAT). We can see throughout Creating a Champion references to this bond. When Link almost dies, fi's sound plays, the sword glows, and Zelda realizes there's still hope.
Now onto Botw 2. Several people have noted the dissapearence of Link's master sword between the trailers. What if one of the goals of the game is to recover it? By the time botw takes place, calamity ganon is just a primordial evil that returns in an endless cycle, it's been so long that little is known about it. So what if Link and Zelda are exploring those catacombs searching for a way to break the cycle forever, so it won't all happen again 10,000 years later. And who would happen to possess knowledge about Demise's curse and the cycle of malice? FI! It all makes sense, if you think about it! Or maybe I'm over-thinking it, lol.
Fi. We can't have something like this happen to the sacred blade and not talk about Fi. I would bet money on he contributing to the next game in some form, as well as there being several ties back to Skyward Sword. There's just too many clues for it not to.

so not only did Tears predictably not tie into SS, it even contradicts it to where it feels like they can't even coexist
I wouldn't necessarily say it does.
Kingdoms rise, kingdoms fall. Kingdoms get refounded. I believe that this Hyrule is a re-founding after the three timelines merge, which somehow destroys all of the old Hyrules. Because Ganon ultimately dies in each of the three timelines, he gets reborn as Ganondorf again in the merged timeline, and repeats the same song and dance he did in Ocarina of Time, only he's a lot more menacing this time because he's experienced life as a demon king in three previous timelines (how else would he just have been able to manifest Phantom Ganon without the magic powers granted to him by the Triforce of Power? The answer; he didn't, because he still had a fragment of Power in him from his previous lives).
The funny thing is, even if the old Hyrules were destroyed, their history lives on in not only legends and place names, but also the records of the Zora people because they just straight up mention Princess Ruto and her crush on the Hero of Time. The Goddess Hylia is mentioned by name in TotK, and the Goddess Statues all resemble the statue of Hylia from SS.
So, I don't think it's been contradicted at all, it's just that it all happened so long ago (not just 10,000, but possibly 20,000 or even 30,000 years ago) that hardly anyone remembers it as anything more than a myth.

Of course, at the end of the day, the timelines are really just a fun little thing to consider, there's not much that's too concrete about them. Wibbly-wobbly timey-wimey kinda things.
Alternatively, SS Link and Zelda didn't found the kingdom, they just founded the country-- the kingdom came much later. Rauru married a Hyrulean woman, after all, indicating that the land of Hyrule was called that long before it ever became a kingdom. Of course, that doesn't explain what Ganondorf is doing there, but still, it's something to consider.

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion
I wouldn't necessarily say it does.
Kingdoms rise, kingdoms fall. Kingdoms get refounded. I believe that this Hyrule is a re-founding after the three timelines merge, which somehow destroys all of the old Hyrules. Because Ganon ultimately dies in each of the three timelines, he gets reborn as Ganondorf again in the merged timeline, and repeats the same song and dance he did in Ocarina of Time, only he's a lot more menacing this time because he's experienced life as a demon king in three previous timelines (how else would he just have been able to manifest Phantom Ganon without the magic powers granted to him by the Triforce of Power? The answer; he didn't, because he still had a fragment of Power in him from his previous lives).
The funny thing is, even if the old Hyrules were destroyed, their history lives on in not only legends and place names, but also the records of the Zora people because they just straight up mention Princess Ruto and her crush on the Hero of Time. The Goddess Hylia is mentioned by name in TotK, and the Goddess Statues all resemble the statue of Hylia from SS.
So, I don't think it's been contradicted at all, it's just that it all happened so long ago (not just 10,000, but possibly 20,000 or even 30,000 years ago) that hardly anyone remembers it as anything more than a myth.

Of course, at the end of the day, the timelines are really just a fun little thing to consider, there's not much that's too concrete about them. Wibbly-wobbly timey-wimey kinda things.
Alternatively, SS Link and Zelda didn't found the kingdom, they just founded the country-- the kingdom came much later. Rauru married a Hyrulean woman, after all, indicating that the land of Hyrule was called that long before it ever became a kingdom. Of course, that doesn't explain what Ganondorf is doing there, but still, it's something to consider.
isn't this all just conjecture though? is there anything that definitively states that all 3 timelines merge or that hyrule was destroyed in the past only to be refounded again?
and besides, point still stands that this is once again about a sky civilization that doesn't tie into the other previous sky civilizations

I don’t care about timeline convergence stuff (I’ve only ever believed in a single timeline to begin with), but to put into perspective just how long 10,000 years is just between BotW and its own backstory, really doubtful to me that it’s not just in a new Hyrule with similar but different events taking place. Spirit Tracks already set a precedent for this kind of thing to happen, and while for whatever reason people are stuck on there only being one Ganondorf, Four Swords Adventures gave us a new one as well. The only way for things to not make sense is to try to put any games between the past and present of TotK other than BotW, and I feel that’s by design. Nintendo put it so far after everything else they can basically have a new continuity with a few callbacks for long time fans.

isn't this all just conjecture though? is there anything that definitively states that all 3 timelines merge or that hyrule was destroyed in the past only to be refounded again?
and besides, point still stands that this is once again about a sky civilization that doesn't tie into the other previous sky civilizations
I mean, yes, it is conjecture. Nowhere did I say that's what definitively happened-- I merely offered up a possible explanation. The only people who really know what's going on with the timeline are at Nintendo (and they're probably all laughing). And yeah, there are multiple sky civilizations (the Skyloftians, the Ooca, the Wind Tribe, possibly even the Minish), so just add the Zonai to the list, I guess.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom