• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

SS Dialogue Choices

Zorth

#Scoundrel
I think that it would be a great idea to put more choices in what Link can say in dialogues, and depending on what you choose multiple things can happen. :P

For instance if you choose to be rude to a man and not help him he might get killed and bandits may steal a secret item from him wich you can then buy later in the game, but if you choose to help the dude you can't buy the sword but instead somehting else :)

thoughts on this??

I've always been a big fan of a "Choose Your Own Adventure"-type of Zelda experience. One where you make various choices throughout the course of the game that inevitably determine the outcome of your story.

Not only would this give the game incredible replay value, but it would probably end up sending timeline theory through the stratosphere. People would be going crazy trying to figure out how each ending manipulates the timeline.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
That would be nice, but at the end of the day Link IS a hero. I don't think he wouldn't go out of his way to help a person, even if Zelda/the world is his top priority. Maybe consequences as dire as someone's death don't have to happen, but instead you don't get a heart piece for 100 percent completion? That would make the game a bit more puzzling as well, and less violent. :D

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
I'm all for it, Zorth. Of course, nothing as drastic as "the guy gets killed if you don't help him", but I would still like more choices in the "yes/no" dialogue family. It reminds me of Majora's Mask; you can choose to not help the old lady when she gets robbed by Sakon, and either way you'll still be able to get the big bomb bag later on.

Zorth

#Scoundrel
I've always been a big fan of a "Choose Your Own Adventure"-type of Zelda experience. One where you make various choices throughout the course of the game that inevitably determine the outcome of your story.

Not only would this give the game incredible replay value, but it would probably end up sending timeline theory through the stratosphere. People would be going crazy trying to figure out how each ending manipulates the timeline.

Ye, Would give the game longer lifespan. You can play the game over and over just to find out what happens and get new items and secret dungeons/caves :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom