• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

SS Bokoblins. Did You Dislike Them Too?

Groose

Groosenator
I'm just tired of bokoblins in the Zelda series. I liked them in WW and TP, but once I saw them back in SS I was just like "Really? Again?". I wish that Nintendo would've come up with a new type of standard enemy, or just different standard enemies for each of the regions. I'm just flat out sick of them.

unknown

._.. .. _. _._ morse code
Now I dispatch them too quickly to notice, but I don't really mind how they look. Sure they could have been more menacing and have some design changes, but I don't think that they are actually terribly made by any means.

Gemquarry

The Inquirer
I'd have to agree, they do look ridiculous, but it actually never really bothered me. I guess its because I was to busy getting mugged and annoyed by the by the nasty's :dry:.

AwesomeTingle

Pure Awesomeness
I think that they're supposed to be more humorous than scary/creepy. Fi talks all about their "fashionable undergarments"!
The bokoblins that were supposed to be scary were the cursed bokoblins. You've seen the very unfrightening bokoblins the whole game, and then they through you these zombie like bokoblins that were once normal. It's creepy.
But I think you're right. They definitely could've done that better

Why are they everywhere? It would make more sense to have different monsters everywhere unless they were slowly taking over every land.

pit0010

GAME IT LIFE IS TO SHORT
Bokoblins...

Bokoblins, Bokoblins, Bokoblins, and Bokoblins...

Personally i liked the design of Bokoblins in skyward sword...it suited the game.

and the design in twilight princess was quite good too. yes...it too did suited the dull textures of twilight princess...

Bokoblins are one of the main characters that we all encounter in the beginning of games. yes they are dumb and just charge at you with wateva sword...but yeah..they are unique in zelda games

R

Rethromil

I agree the bokoblins are the worst in skyward sword. They seem like they were just thrown in at the last minute. I also think they should have been worse at blocking considering they are the supposed to be the weakest enemies.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I hate the Bokoblins with a passion. From their stupid design to their craptastic AI, SS' Bokoblins are absolutely horrid. They're definitely an improvement from their TWW/TP variants AI wise, but I can't believe the design went splat just like that.

I don't really like Bokoblins, and they just become a chore to fight halfway through the game when it only takes two hits to kill them. Also, did anyone else have trouble killing the ones with electrified swords? I would always swing at the correct way miss the swords, but they would always block it...

The bokoblins sucked, but they didn't bother me half as much as everything else in SS did. Considering it took 5 years to make i want to know just how laid back Nintnedo was with designing the enemies etc in SS, even the snail type creatures (didnt care enough to learn the names) looked goofy as hell, particularly the way they moved. The Deku Babas were the only enemies to come off with any kind of credibility in SS and even then it felt as if the strategy to take them out from the old games was completely lost.

Also yeah with the Technoblins, i DID slash at them correctly only to be electrocuted, i just resorted to blowing them up or shooting them with arrows.

Personally I liked them. I would just screw around with them and tourchered them before I finished them off. I thought they were just really fun to fight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom