• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler [SPOILERS] How Ganondorf Dragmire got his Trident vs how Ganon got the Triforce

Hi everyone! This will be my first lore related discussion! This will be on how I believe Ganondorf ACTUALLY got his Trident In Four Swords Adventures and how the Legend might have mixed it up with how he got the Triforce! First of all,this is based on the aLttP=Child Era placement which many people like me believe, this is just a fun idea I had while I was bored, not sure if others already had that idea though:

In Four Swords Adventures we hear that Ganondorf went to the Pyramid for his own personal greed and everyone thinks he won't survive it as no one else survived the Temple, right? Well, he got the Trident of course which made him to the King of Darkness, Ganon!
IMG_20200514_112436.jpg

That doesn't line up with his backstory told in the manual of a Link to the Past. There he accidentally with his Gang of Thieves had access to the Golden Land/Sacred Realm and went with the other thieves in there, only he survived and touched the Triforce, which made him to Ganon!

IMG_20200620_044029.jpg

Now let's go back earlier in the Manual:
"Some said the Triforce lay under the desert."
And now let's see what the people in the desert of doubt say about Ganondorf!
"But his intent is unknown to me. He has flouted the law and fled for the pyramid."
"Yet the man has gone there by himself. All for the sake of his own mad desire!"

Everyone also thinks that he won't make it just like the others who have tried, perhaps he thought the Triforce was in this Pyramid as it already was well guarded so perhaps, he thought it was the Triforce of the Gods (pun intended)!
Another part of the manual also adds up to the desert of doubt
"... And in reply, the roaring laughter of the brigand leader echoed across time and space and even reached the far-off land of Hyrule."
In the desert of doubt we can hear Ganondorf laugh very loud throughout the area which is again, very similar to what is told in the manual! Ganondorf believed that the Triforce was hidden in this pyramid, his gang of Thieves disappeared and one day he tries to enter it. He did it, however there is no Triforce as he originally thought however, it's the evil Trident which turned him to the King of Darkness Ganon!

He's sealed in the final fight by the Maidens
Ganon getting sealed (Four Swords Adventures).jpg
And he's now in the Four Sword. A barrier is created around it to make sure that he'll stay there for good!
Let's see how the barrier looks like in Four Swords Adventures compared to his barrier in a official artwork of aLttPGanons seal (Four Swords Adventures).jpgGanons seal in ALttP.jpg
We can clearly see Ganon this time, what if, he was able to break the seal of the Four Sword and now this sounds crazy but what if it lead him to the Golden Land by coincidence? Just like in the manual he gets access to it, and enters where the Triforce is now!
He somehow is worthy to have the full Triforce and his wish is granted, again, just like the desert of doubt he laughs across Space and Time, a connection to the Golden Land is now there in Hyrule and many greedy people enter it and turn to Ganons minions! The rest is history...
So basically, the legend mixed up how Ganondorf got his trident to how Ganon got the Triforce! A short version of the events
-part of the Gerudo aka the Gang of Thieves vanish after trying to enter the pyramid
-Ganondorf is curious if the Triforce is there and tries its challenges
-Ganondorf get the trident and he turns to Ganon
-Ganon fights Link
-Ganon is sealed in the Four Sword
-a barrier around Ganon is created
-Ganon one day after decades/centuries breaks his seal as the Four Sword splits
-Ganon gets access to the Golden Land and gets his wish from the Triforce
-access to the Golden Land is made and many greedy people turn to awful monsters which join Ganons army
-the Golden Land is known as the Dark World and the Four Sword is still split to 4 just like we see in the GBA version of alttp!

Thoughts on this idea? Ik some parts are probably mentioned already by a lot of people but I'm interested on your thoughts everyone!

Last edited:

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
The Four Swords gives Ganon access to the Sacred Realm... that's a huge stretch. Regardless, it's commonly held that Four Swords Adventures would be a distant sequel to A Link to the Past even by theorists who don't adhere to the Official Timeline. Ganon in the game is a reincarnation of AlttP Ganon, in this case. Given the true canon context of FSA, I assume he's just a reincarnation of TP Ganon, even if it doesn't really work.

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
The LttP manual never said the Triforce made him Ganon. It said he was already called Ganon as a nickname by that point, meaning it still could've fit that he was transformed by the trident and then took the Triforce.
So your theory is pretty correct, but not really the plot hole you act like it is.

Ah, true! He is indeed called Ganon already "I do not know what Ganon wished for"! Forgot that it also could've worked as "Ganon touches the Triforce"

The Four Swords gives Ganon access to the Sacred Realm... that's a huge stretch. Regardless, it's commonly held that Four Swords Adventures would be a distant sequel to A Link to the Past even by theorists who don't adhere to the Official Timeline. Ganon in the game is a reincarnation of AlttP Ganon,
It is kinda a stretch but I mean, it isn't the first time a sword lead to the Sacred Realm (granted it wasn't the same way but yeah), also I thought it was generally accepted that FSA is a distant precursor to alttp, not a sequel. As it had the origins of Ganon getting the Trident, the medallions from a Link to the Past being enchanted by the mages and etc

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
It is kinda a stretch but I mean, it isn't the first time a sword lead to the Sacred Realm (granted it wasn't the same way but yeah), also I thought it was generally accepted that FSA is a distant precursor to alttp, not a sequel. As it had the origins of Ganon getting the Trident, the medallions from a Link to the Past being enchanted by the mages and etc
The Master Sword in OoT didn't lead to the Sacred Realm the way you think. The Sword itself has no connection to the Sacred Realm, it was just that drawing it from the Pedastal of Time was the last barrier between the worlds. The bridge between the Sacred Realm and Hyrule is in the Temple of Time, not the Master Sword.

The Master Sword in OoT didn't lead to the Sacred Realm the way you think. The Sword itself has no connection to the Sacred Realm, it was just that drawing it from the Pedastal of Time was the last barrier between the worlds. The bridge between the Sacred Realm and Hyrule is in the Temple of Time, not the Master Sword.
Indeed! I was more joking around there, but yeah I have no real better idea on how he got there tbh. I'll probably update this soon when I have a more logical idea

EDIT; the more logical idea is simply him being freed by his followers, they'd help him escape with their black magic and they'd search for a gate until they find it, by chance!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom