• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spirit Tracks Difficulty?

Mases

Lord of the Flies
Administrator
Site Staff
SpiritTracksScreenshot2.jpg

Eiji Aonuma talked with Kotaku about the difficulty of the upcoming Legend of Zelda Spirit Tracks. The past few weeks we've had some conflicting reports. It seems in interviews that the masterminds behind the game are insisting that it is a bit more difficult, but several previews and reviews of the game have stated that it still says on the easier side of things. Here are a few tidbits from the interview.

Development team members, including [senior Nintendo developer] Mr. [Takashi] Tezuka and myself, actually got stuck in several places. So the dungeons and puzzles pose a different type of challenge than what we have utilized in previous games, and will certainly require longtime Zelda fans to approach each challenge differently.

The one consistent piece of feedback we received about the controls in Phantom Hourglass was that it was too challenging to execute the roll move. You had to draw little circles at the edge of the screen to make Link roll. This is actually something we felt similarly about during development, but ended up not having enough time left in the schedule to implement another solution. In Spirit Tracks, this move is done by tapping anywhere on the screen, so hopefully players get more use out of it.

Click here to view the full interview. Spirit Tracks is set to ship in just 12 days!

F

fiona123

click here to view the full interview. Spirit Tracks is set to ship in just 12 days!

where?

I personally don't think that ST will be a hard game. Think about having a train other than a boat. The possibilities of were you can go are greatly limited now, and would be alot easier to not get lost. And what they brought up in the interview about rolling. I didn't have that much trouble with it in PH, but I like how they are trying to fix it to make it easier, and thinking more about there fans. I really hope that the dungeons are as hard as they explained them. Having a developer get lost in a Temple must be hard to do, thus make the dungeon hard :) I just cant wait for the game to come out, and see for myself how hard or easy it really is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom