• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Spaceballs 2: The Quest for More Money

In the movie it was Scroob and dark helmet on the ship right before it explodes and they say "thank you". And actually the head separates from the rest of the ship its not destroyed.
But that was spaceballs 1. This game is Spaceballs 2! A completely hypothetical movie. So, why we were going by the first movie is beyond me.

Libk

Spaceballs: The Mafia Player
ah my bad then
All good. The issue is less what I can manage and more that I just designed an unfun game and one slightly too unfair. Oh well I learn and move on.

I've run plenty of games before that were role madness or that had wild mechanics that were hits, or at least just good standard games. I had a bad one and I do feel bad

In the movie it was Scroob and dark helmet on the ship right before it explodes and they say "thank you". And actually the head separates from the rest of the ship its not destroyed.
But that was spaceballs 1. This game is Spaceballs 2! A completely hypothetical movie. So, why we were going by the first movie is beyond me.
You point about why we're on the first movie is fair, however the rest is untrue

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
The game could have ended through explosion, as it did, or when 3 players were left on the ship. If any of Rag, numbers, or Mongoose were lynched Mezlo and I would have lost. Thus we tried rules focused more on making discussion tough and making voting tough. Morbid Minish was closest to realizing the solve, iirc, as I think they mentioned they didn't want to be on the ship when it blew. I was curious if they'd try to leave the ship

Lol, yeah I figured that was going to end up being the deal. But I was pretty easy to confirm as Spaceball, especially since Numbers posted who I was, so I didn't think that I would end up being lynched. At least not with everyone on board with my theory. Not sure if there was another way to leave though.

I think the biggest thing that killed activity more for me at least, was not knowing when deadlines were and whatnot. I think if you do a setup like this in the future, maybe at least post the deadlines as host.

I don't think the game was awful. It definitely had some things that could be improved, but for testing mechanics that is to be expected. I think part of the issue was that most of the players aren't familiar with your previous games, so it was harder to get them to believe my theories about the game. Since this isn't standard and is more extreme mechanics.

I did enjoy the first iteration of Spaceballs Mafia more, but I understand what you were trying to do with this one.

Why did targeting Numbers n1 not fix him though?

Libk

Not sure if there was another way to leave though.
Also the other way to leave would have been to tell me directly in thread or pm you were leaving the ship. I think this is more obvious to people who remember the movie and the scramble to get on escape pods, and also an error on my end for assuming people would try it. This would have been one of the cases where I would have stepped in

Allowing the players to moderate the game was interesting to watch. I genuinely enjoyed the initial arguments about if the rules should be followed or not, and I was impressed with the people who chose to still post with restrictions that, once I was dead, mostly didn't matter except to make your vote count

All good. The issue is less what I can manage and more that I just designed an unfun game and one slightly too unfair. Oh well I learn and move on.

I've run plenty of games before that were role madness or that had wild mechanics that were hits, or at least just good standard games. I had a bad one and I do feel bad

You point about why we're on the first movie is fair, however the rest is untrue

I forgot about colonal sanders. But you see the head and there going ahhhhhhh. Cause there still alive.

I dunno man, seems kinda sus nobody got modkilled for breaking the rules.

Also my posting restriction was literally the only aspect to my role and was less of a nuisance than the jeopardy rule so why give it up so easily? *Shrugs*

Alright, alright I got one more

I dunno man, seems pretty sus that night actions were compulsory yet there was a nk that was never used.

Overall I think where the game suffered was exactly two places. First was Mello was way too OP. There was nothing to stop him from claiming, getting lynched day 1 because that's what literally every other player was told their objective was, and then making a rule stating no players on Spaceballs 1 are allowed to take actions (which include abilities, voting, or other misc triggers ie leaving the ship). Bam. He ends the game immediately in solo victory. The other is that the roles were essentially useless which only further piled on to the lack of motivation of the players to do anything due to the absolute shut down of any information flow.

I think this game becomes drastically different with just a minor amount of information flow. You could make a computer sock puppet to announce things like deadlines, final Vote counts, a running timer on the doom clock, and hints towards the ends players should be working towards to keep them from becoming aimless wanderers in a sea of indifference. Just that much cranks the motivation of your players up so that this stays an interesting game.

Just my two cents.

Libk

as I stated before, I was there to stop him Mellow from breaking the game with an added rule.

I never modkilled people for breaking the rules because of the win con and that it would encourage breaking the rules in general, though I was ready to modkill and strip a player of victory if some egregious happened.

Rag's role not being used is my bad, mostly because I just didn't know how to randomize the lie detector part, and honestly expected rag to do something with the role and even prodded about it in a pm.

As for information flow, that's the intended consequence of killing the mod, though I probably wouldn't do that in a future bastard game. I wanted there to be some consequence for killing me again.

Except that doesn't break the game, as Mello's purpose in making rules is to keep Spaceballs players alive so they do not win. It simply expedites the process. It's like a game ending jester with extra steps.

Princess Abigail

Resident Juice Sipping Icon
I mean iirc I tried to stop the Mellow lim maybe not that was long ago and I'm to lazy to look

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom