• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Sonic Dimensions for Wii U

Lord Death

Bichon Frise
So apparently, TSSZ posted awhile back that they gained information on a new Sonic game being developed for the Wii U. It is supposedly called "Sonic Dimensions," and will feature... 5 different colored Sonics??? o_O It is the successor to Sonic Colors and Nintendo is actually helping SEGA in the development, which sounds awesome, but the details sound a little lame to me... TSSZ is usually accurate with their info, but you can judge for yourself.

http://www.tssznews.com/2011/10/29/rumor-details-emerge-on-wii-u-sonic/

Here are the details:

- working title
- takes place directly after Generations
- spiritual successor to Sonic Colors
- visual quality in line with Generations
- will take advantage of many Wii U specific capabilities
- includes the use of the Wii U controllers for up to a 4 person multiplayer
- use of touchscreen to destroy enemies and activate powers
- storyline will center around another time-space continuum shift at the hands of Eggman
- this alters Sonic’s world and Sonic himself
- Sonic will allegedly split into multiple personalities denoted by color
- each color has its own unique abilities
- blue Sonic will be the core Sonic, and will be the uniting figure with the other colors
- five other colors: Red, Orange, Purple, Green, and Yellow
- Red Sonic can cause explosions to open up new areas, but has a slow speed and a short jump
- Purple Sonic will be able to move platforms and float and will have a dark attitude
- Orange personality similar to Big the Cat
- yellow Sonic will be the fastest of them all, but takes damage easily
- only two of the personalities can be used in-stage
- all may be able to combine and act as an equivalent Super Guide
- White Sonic allegedly pops up as an option after dying in a stage a certain number of times
- using White Sonic will make the game easier, but will give you a low rank
- SEGA may be working with Nintendo developers on this game
- includes most of the Sonic Colors staff
- Nintendo helping with level design, which will take a more surreal approach
- Music Plant from Sonic Advance 2 may be revived for this project
- Rival battles: fight evil versions of friends like Amy Rose
- Eggman's personality will split, making a nice version
- classic Sonic-style 2D elements

This isn't the Sonic Adventure 3 release I've been waiting for, but then again this might not be true... So what do you think? Does this sound a little lame to you? Do think it may be real?

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Personally it sounds lame to me – I really want Sonic Adventure 3, no more gimmicks and no more boosting...please, Sega, I want a quality 3D Sonic like you provided in the golden days of the Dreamcast...

A lot of the "leaked" information sounds a bit abstract and too out there for even SEGA to consider.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
I'm hopeful of this including open 3D worlds, like we see in Zelda. The linearity is one of the elements that I think are lessening the enjoyment for a lot of people. Sonic is supposed to be all about speed, and while the courses in-game challenge the player to think quickly, unobstructed space is exactly what it needs. I see Sonic as being unbound, and carelessly so, which is why he should be able to cut across fields or even over water. I haven't been in a level yet where he does run on water, but that would be incredible.

PK Love Omega

PK Flash's Good Twin
Please no. Come on SEGA, if you are going to make multiple characters, use Knuckles, Tails and others and put them into the plot, without making them playable, but actual use. Maybe they could run along with Sonic, but perhaps not playable. The only time we would accept this is Sonic Adventure 3. And Talking about Sonic Adventure 3.
WHY WON'T SEGA LISTEN TO THEIR FANBASE?

This sounds like a cool idea. As for Sonic Adventure 3, I really don't care about it. Even though I love Sonic Adventure 2, I'm not really asking for SA3. Though Sega might make SA3 on the other 8th generation consoles like the PS4 or XBox 720 or whatever its going to be called.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom