• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild Songs in ZeldaU?

I'm a big fan of the Silent Hill franchise and one thing I have always loved about the games within the franchise were the songs. Silent Hill 2 was the first game where I had actually heard a song with a singer play during a game. Silent Hill 2 is also one of the most atmospheric games out there and the music is one of the great forces behind it that makes the tension and feelings of isolated exploration feel a lot more potent within the game.

So what about songs in ZeldaU? Koji Kondo does some wonderful work but, at least for me, the music he scores for the games themselves are starting to sound quite similar and i think a song or two could help if he were to craft some for ZeldaU...

Or, perhaps not full songs like we heard in Silent Hill 2 but music with more vocals such as the night theme that plays in Twilight Princess. We have an orchestra now, how about bringing in a choir?

thoughts?

Deeds

no text
Hmm. I think the LoZ orchestra have got it perfect with Skyward Sword, and in my opinion there's not much they can change. They could add a voice, like you said, I wouldn't really care for that though. Having singers in game music is what Japanese games tend to have. Dragons Dogma and Street Fighter, etc. It creates a feel I'm not too fond of.

LANZZ

Scarecrow
I like that idea. Maybe Nintendo can hire someone to make OST (Official Soundtrack) for Zelda Wii-U... Many other games from Japan like Final Fantasy series already have their own OST...

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
This is an idea that could work. Several gaming franchises have included vocals in their soundtracks (Silent Hill and Final Fantasy being two good examples), and it could befit the series, in my opinion. In fact, now that you bring it up, I remember a topic from years ago covering this concept, in which Bastion was mentioned. Bastion is a game that has several themes for its characters moreso than area tracks, to my knowledge. But the lyrics meld well with that musical style and their tunes almost sound Zelda-like. So yes, this could work.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I for one actually liked Zelda's vocals in Skyward Sword despite them being in moonspeak (or whatever the language was). I would much prefer if Zelda started growing up in regards to voice acting, but the next best thing is vocalized tracks here and there! It's about time we got theme SONGS to each Zelda title anyway! Not just theme music, but a theme song! :D

I agree for most of the game. But I really prefer dungeons to be atmospheric and ambient. Skyward sword didn't deliver this in my opinion. Dungeon themes are one of the things i look forward to most in Zelda games.

I loved Skyward Sword's soundtrack, and to anyone who thinks it was bland, I can put up a whole list of songs I dare you to call lame. Even so, when comparing it to Super Mario Galaxy, Skyward Sword's almost feels...a little lackluster. It's not lackluster in and of itself, but if the teams who did the music for both games were one and the same, it seems like they put more passion into SMG than they did SS. Almost none of SMG's songs were considered "ambient," but they still set the right mood, were memorable, and were incredibly well-done. Hopefully that same energy will be applied to Zelda Wii U so it has its own Buoy Base and Puzzle Plank themes. (If you haven't heard those, look them up. You'll like them.) Again, I love SS's soundtrack, but when comparing it to the SMG games, I see a bit of discrepancy.

I predict Zelda Wii U will have orchestration, and I'm definitely looking forward to what they'll do next time. Choirs make everything more epic - the soprano in Chapter 18 of Kid Icarus: Uprising was especially powerful - and I'd love to hear them make good use of that aspect in Zelda's music in the future.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom