• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Something That Bothers Me About Legend of Zelda Games.....

sailorgirl221

What a fearsome beast!!
yeah I also don't like that you can't save after you beat the final boss.. because It's like in this dire mood the whole time you are trying to enjoy your self and stuff.

It would be very nice to see that kind of thing happen in the Zelda games. Some of them have alterations when you restart. I am working on walkthroughs for all of the Zelda games and one of the walkthroughs will have the storyline and quotes that characters say and when.

GAMERG0D

The Gamer God
I disagree with you there, if you can continue a game after the big baddie is defeated, the game loses it's impact. You will stop then because you are bored of wandering around a world devoid of things to do, because you sorted out the problems. If you leave a game out of boredom, that is not good at all. Although Zelda games end after you complete them you feel a sense of achievement that that game is actually complete and there is nothing more to do. You can then replay it or wait for a new game.
I agree with this, when you finish the story you're done.

I agree. I would love for the game to end with the world being in peace and you could go around doing new unlocked side-quests in the world so that you could keep playing and just go to a Boss Gauntlet thing to re-fight the Final boss if you felt like it.

Impa

Sheikahchu
Agreed. The Legend of Zelda series and the Megaman Battle Network series both have this problem. Especially in MMBN6, because although there are things elsewhere for you to complete, the panic music is always playing in the background.

spaffy152

It's what ever
i agree and disagree with op. it would be cool to have side quests after the game is complete but i like how all zelda games are uniform as in the same names of characters and places with each continuing game. so imo it isnt needed.

Definitely a good point, and you should be able to go to anywhere on the map and everyone will be excited with you~

I used to think it was great that I would still have the save right before the final boss, so I could do it over and over. Now, however, OoT 3D has a feature that allows you to redo bosses for better times built in. With that in existence perhaps it is time to start a new post-winning gameplay tradition. I would not mind, say, a New Game + feature, but I would rather see even harder quests and collection tasks appear after the final boss is downed.

I would agree, there is no reason for them to not do this. It would also be nice if a few more places were open to you, or some new side-quests are available.

I, too, think that after you beat the game you should be able to explore new places and find new things that were previously not able to get to.

It's one of the few things I don't like about Zelda too, I couldn't finish 10% Minish Cap because of that, there are a few Kingstone pieces I didn't fused I won't be able to because of that.

I agree I always thought it was stupid ,at first I thought it was so you could reface the final boss but they should just have like a gauntlet instead with the bosses

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom