• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Solid State Drives

Zorth

#Scoundrel
I use one, Got it 2 weeks ago actually (:

I've got my Windows 7 installed on it and along with a few important programs /games I use quite often or that require lots of memory, The price has definitely gotten much better now, I'd say it's dropped about 30% from what it used to cost a few years ago. I can have my PC up and running in 6 seconds, I hardly ever see loading screens in any games and stuff just runs much faster and you won't find yourself daydreaming whilst waiting for something to launch up. I'd say get one :)

I also forgot to mention that I'd recommend buying 2 drives, One SSD for your main programs and operating system then one regular SATA drive where you can store all of your other files which you don't use as much.

Dan

I currently don't have one, to be honest just waiting for the capacity to go up on them first. Don't have the patience to reinstall windows 7 to a new drive. ;p :I

Emma

The Cassandra
Site Staff
I mean, how many people actually fill up their 2TB hard drives?
Photographers, graphics artists, audio recorders and editors, people who work with digital video, anyone that uses digital downloads of movies, avid gamers (games are huge now).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom