• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Smash Bros Smash Bros Ultimate

Threads relating to the Super Smash Bros series.
Is anyone else gonna grind all weekend when it comes out? I know I'll have other things to do, but eh. I guess I'll make sure I've done them early
Hell yeah!
I think I'll start with the adventure mode as that seems to be the msot straight forward and fun way to unlock all the characters. Then I'll try classic mode. From what I read I believe classic mode is based around a different mechanic for each character. So it's not just RNG of who you vs within the same types. 1v1, 2v2, 3v1 giant etc etc. Should be really fun. Past that who knows.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GdUc92SQsVI&frags=wn

500k people replied to their survey. That's a huge sample size. The answers seemed overall to prove that really who you pick in Smash Bros is a rough reflection of who you are in person.

The stats showed girls like picking feminine characters. Girls chose Rosaline 2x more than any other character.
Guys on the other hand generally like picking characters that look like monsters. K.Rool, Ridley, Bowser etc etc. The most popular with the guys is K.Rool.
Those who clafficy themselves as neither male or female (have to add that in, in 2018 I guess) did not have any outright favourite. It was a total mixed bag for them.
The exact same was true for those who chose not to specify their gender.

Also where you live actually made a difference.
Mexico, Spain, Portugal, Brazil, Chilie, Italy and France all had a strong liking for the two Castlevania Belmonts.
Mattpat believes it's because all of these countries are mostly Catholic and that fits in what what Castlevania is as an IP.
2nd most popular in Spain and Italy was Isabelle.
Pacman and Greninja were the most popular choices in India and Romania.

DK and Diddy Kong were not very popular at all in the survey.
All of the new characters except the Inklings were quite popular ni the survey also.
On average though across all 500k plus survey responces the most popular were Link and Kirby.

So what does that say about me? My 4 choices would have been Roy, K.Rool, Link and Falco. Of cause everyone knows my favourite of that bunch is Roy.

YIGAhim

Sole Survivor

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GdUc92SQsVI&frags=wn

500k people replied to their survey. That's a huge sample size. The answers seemed overall to prove that really who you pick in Smash Bros is a rough reflection of who you are in person.

The stats showed girls like picking feminine characters. Girls chose Rosaline 2x more than any other character.
Guys on the other hand generally like picking characters that look like monsters. K.Rool, Ridley, Bowser etc etc. The most popular with the guys is K.Rool.
Those who clafficy themselves as neither male or female (have to add that in, in 2018 I guess) did not have any outright favourite. It was a total mixed bag for them.
The exact same was true for those who chose not to specify their gender.

Also where you live actually made a difference.
Mexico, Spain, Portugal, Brazil, Chilie, Italy and France all had a strong liking for the two Castlevania Belmonts.
Mattpat believes it's because all of these countries are mostly Catholic and that fits in what what Castlevania is as an IP.
2nd most popular in Spain and Italy was Isabelle.
Pacman and Greninja were the most popular choices in India and Romania.

DK and Diddy Kong were not very popular at all in the survey.
All of the new characters except the Inklings were quite popular ni the survey also.
On average though across all 500k plus survey responces the most popular were Link and Kirby.

So what does that say about me? My 4 choices would have been Roy, K.Rool, Link and Falco. Of cause everyone knows my favourite of that bunch is Roy.

Well, I believe that on a base level, but am pretty sure (although not completely sure. idk my brain works in weird ways) that I pick characters based off of how they handle. Unlike most people, I prefer fastfallers.

That being said, my top 4 choices are (In no particular order): Captain Falcon, Ryu, Cloud, Corrin. If I wanted to pick a character purely based off of what looks cool, I'd pick Ike, which to be fair was a previous main of mine

A bit of a random thought, but I hope the physical version of Smash Ultimate still includes an instruction manual with the moveset for the 8 default characters. It's a tradition that I'd be sad to see go away. But with booklets becoming less common in games these days, I'm not holding my breath.

I have realised how all of my favourite Smash Characters are similar. The are all different IPs, fast and slow, old and new. But they are all characters I can focus with A moves. I tend not to use many B moves. All of my favourite characters have solid set of A moves. I think of my favourite characters, only Falco has a B move set I use a lot of. I still use everyone's B moves just not as much on my favourite characters.

Hero of Pizza Time

Pizza Parker
I don't usually agree with how Nintendo abuses the copyright system, but it's terrible that some people decided to not only pirate the game before launch, but also upload footage of the leaked game that was meant to be seen only after the game is officially released. I feel really bad for all of the hard working developers at Sora ltd. and Bandai Namco Studios. I mean I have enthusiastically defended the uploading and downloading of roms of long discontinued games, but when you literally steal a game and upload it to the internet before its launch, that's just wrong.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer

Overview of the last interview with Sakurai before launch:
  • Mandatory day 1 patch for physical releases (digital downloads are unaffected)
  • Lifelight (Japanese ver) was performed by a 17 year-old vocalist
  • Kirby was chosen as the sole survivor because of his warp star, and not process of elimination
  • Clears up confusion regarding "Kirby of the Stars" and "World of Light" naming scheme (in Japanese)
  • Upon booting up the game, we'll be greeted with a random Spirit

YIGAhim

Sole Survivor

Overview of the last interview with Sakurai before launch:
  • Mandatory day 1 patch for physical releases (digital downloads are unaffected)
  • Lifelight (Japanese ver) was performed by a 17 year-old vocalist
  • Kirby was chosen as the sole survivor because of his warp star, and not process of elimination
  • Clears up confusion regarding "Kirby of the Stars" and "World of Light" naming scheme (in Japanese)
  • Upon booting up the game, we'll be greeted with a random Spirit

They needed Falcon as the hero in his jet thing

Hyrulian Hero

Zelda Informer Codger
Can I just give a shout-out to Nintendo and their efforts to quash the video leaks on the interwebs? I'm so thankful that I haven't had it spoiled for me yet. I know that they're not doing it for me but I'm still grateful.

The awful thing is, the leakers are not the fans. These are people who have Switches, went to the trouble to download, play, record, and upload the game footage yet they aren't fans of the game. This is a lot of effort to go to simply to hurt the series. Fans remember Brawl and Subspace Emissary, the hype, the Dojo, the leaks. The leaks were the reason we didn't get a story mode in Smash 4. Those leaking Ultimate are trying to ensure that Sakurai withholds beloved content from SSB. I hope it doesn't work.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom