• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Small story similarity between Zelda II and TOTK.

There is a small story similarity between Zelda II and Tears of the Kingdom I'm wondering if anyone noticed.

The story similarity between Zelda II The Adventure of Link and Tears of the Kingdom that I noticed pretty much right away with both games story wise after I got TOTK. The manual for Zelda II gives the backstory many years before The Legend of Zelda about what happened with Princess Zelda of that time and the Link from Zelda 1 ends up saving her and waking her up in the time of Zelda II. In Tears of the Kingdom something similar happens where we get a story set many years in the past about Princess Zelda and Link from BOTW essentially end up waking her in the time of TOTK. There are obviously quite a few differences between the 2 stories. Like the Princess Zelda from LoZ and the Princess Zelda in Zelda II being two different princesses. While the story of the Princess Zelda in the past from TOTK is the same one from BOTW and was sent into the past by the Secret Stone. I just found the small similarity both games had story wise interesting because BOTW is like the modern day LoZ in some ways and both games got direct sequels right after each other in Zelda II and TOTK. I do wonder if it was intentional by the TOTK Devs or not. I'm leaning more towards it isn't but it would be nice if it was. Also Zelda II and TOTK are the only games in the series that go back in the past and are directly connected to each other prequels if that makes sense.

Last edited:

Prince Sidon

Sage of Water
ZD Champion
There is a small story similarity between Zelda II and Tears of the Kingdom I'm wondering if anyone noticed.

The story similarity between Zelda II The Adventure of Link and Tears of the Kingdom that I noticed pretty much right away with both games story wise after I got TOTK. The manual for Zelda II gives the backstory many years before The Legend of Zelda about what happened with Princess Zelda of that time and the Link from Zelda 1 ends up saving her and waking her up in the time of Zelda II. In Tears of the Kingdom something similar happens where we get a story set many years in the past about Princess Zelda and Link from BOTW essentially end up waking her in the time of TOTK. There are obviously quite a few differences between the 2 stories. Like the Princess Zelda from LoZ and the Princess Zelda in Zelda II being two different princesses. While the story of the Princess Zelda in the past from TOTK is the same one from BOTW and was sent into the past by the Secret Stone. I just found the small similarity both games had story wise interesting because BOTW is like the modern day LoZ in some ways and both games got direct sequels right after each other in Zelda II and TOTK. I do wonder if it was intentional by the TOTK Devs or not. I'm leaning more towards it isn't but it would be nice if it was. Also Zelda II and TOTK are the only games in the series that go back in the past and are directly connected to each other prequels if that makes sense.
that makes sense

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom