• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

SSHD Skyward Sword HD Discussion

Skyward Sword HD

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
Oh, only 30 new? Yeah, 60 is kinda pushing it. It's still gonna sell like crazy.

Unfortunately. Nintendo fans just seem eager to lap up these bad faith ports. First it's $60 for a collection of two 20 and one 12 year old game, then it's $60 for a port of one ten year old game. Unless people stop buying these, Nintendo knows they can make a quick buck from nostalgia.

EDIT: I realize I've been misinterpreting you. I thought you were decrying the price. I'm saying that Skyward Sword is ten years old and that a low effort port is not worth $40, let alone $60.

Chevywolf30

The one and only.
Forum Volunteer
Unfortunately. Nintendo fans just seem eager to lap up these bad faith ports. First it's $60 for a collection of two 20 and one 12 year old game, then it's $60 for a port of one ten year old game. Unless people stop buying these, Nintendo knows they can make a quick buck from nostalgia.

EDIT: I realize I've been misinterpreting you. I thought you were decrying the price. I'm saying that Skyward Sword is ten years old and that a low effort port is not worth $40, let alone $60.
I was asking how much Wii games went for brand new. I then assumed $40-50 bucks and said that $10-20 seemed fair-ish for some qol upgrades.

Mikey the Moblin

if I had a nickel for every time I ran out of spac
Hilarious misinterpretations you gotta love it
Yeah I remember wii games being like 45 or smth, once again I'll remind people that walmart sells switch games for 50 bucks and that's a much more agreeable price for a lot of these games

Gotta say, I don't mind the price tag. I don't love it, either, but having never played the original version, I really don't care. I'm the kind of person who will shell out extra just to make sure that I get the physical version of a game, if I have to. I'm not thrilled that they're charging $60 for Skyward Sword after 10 years, but it won't affect my enjoyment of the game any. Maybe if I'd played the original, it'd be different, but I haven't, so I'll be perfectly happy.

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
If there's any set of games i'll buy without fail every time they're rereleased, it's 3D Zelda games. I hope they make some QoL improvements to Fi's constant messages, the Song of the Hero quest, and the speed of the Loftwing. Along with the improved visuals (and assuming the controls are at least as good as the original), there's little reason to believe that this won't be the definitive version of the game.

Quin

Disaster Master
60 bucks for a port of the worst 3D zelda? Nintendo has some balls, thats for sure. And they are gonna get away with it too.
Considering the game was 20 bucks digitally on wii U this port has to be STACKED (it wont be) with new content to make this price worth it.
The new control scheme is nice and all but it will obviously still be better with motion. I pretty much beat the game on an emulator with that control scheme but while it was funny, the game really wasnt made for it.

60 bucks for a port of the worst 3D zelda? Nintendo has some balls, thats for sure. And they are gonna get away with it too.
Considering the game was 20 bucks digitally on wii U this port has to be STACKED (it wont be) with new content to make this price worth it.
The new control scheme is nice and all but it will obviously still be better with motion. I pretty much beat the game on an emulator with that control scheme but while it was funny, the game really wasnt made for it.
Darn those meddling kids!

Uwu_Oocoo2

Joy is in video games and colored pencils
ZD Legend
Forum Volunteer
If there's any set of games i'll buy without fail every time they're rereleased, it's 3D Zelda games. I hope they make some QoL improvements to Fi's constant messages, the Song of the Hero quest, and the speed of the Loftwing. Along with the improved visuals (and assuming the controls are at least as good as the original), there's little reason to believe that this won't be the definitive version of the game.

If it being on the switch means I won't have to listen to Fi saying "Master, the batteries in your Wii Remote are nearly depleted" every five minutes, it's worth the extra 20-30 bucks.

I'm curious what QoL improvements people would like to see this time around (less interruptions from Fi, etc.). On that note, are there sections of the game that you'd like to see cut or streamlined to reduce the "padding?" My vote is to nix the backtrack to Skyview Temple during the second Faron region quest.

I'll stick all my comments here. I will not humour forum topic fragmentation.

I think the amiibo support will be similar to WWHD and TPHD.
I think having motion and button controls is a very good idea. So fans of both still have an option. Also Nintendo shoehorned themselves into doing this because Switch Lite. I'll try both just to see which I like more.

I'll probably get this, but it might not be day 1. I didn't really like SS too much but it's not a bad game overall.

Mikey the Moblin

if I had a nickel for every time I ran out of spac
I'm curious what QoL improvements people would like to see this time around (less interruptions from Fi, etc.). On that note, are there sections of the game that you'd like to see cut or streamlined to reduce the "padding?" My vote is to nix the backtrack to Skyview Temple during the second Faron region quest.
it's almost guaranteed the low battery thing won't pop up, and that was 90% of fi's dialogue/interruption for me
I have a hunch that they'll be able to implement left-handedness since that was a bit of a problem in the wii version
I think they'll also get rid of the "you have 39 of these! Let's learn about it again." meme

what I want but won't get?
soooooo many random story flags to make sure you can't skip tiny insignificant gameplay segments should be removed
skyloft should be fully explorable from the outset, there's no reason to arbitrarily cut off half the island when there's not even anything you can do there
there's also the magic water from skyview temple that doesn't exist there until the revisit, being able to nab some of that would really reward some of the returning players
rework the imprisoned fight

if they actually did these it would make the game almost as good as wind waker but I don't really expect it

I wonder what the amiibos will do...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom