• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Modern Skyward Sword and Wind Waker Help.

Ooccoo Watcher

Some guy with a Clawshot.
In, WW when I am doing the pictograph quest I select all the pictographs and then talk to lenzo but he just says the same thing he did before. In SS, When I am doing the hand in the toilet quest, I talk to the person in the bazaar, then the person in the skyloft academy kitchen, but then when I visit the bathroom at night, nothing happens. Please help.

Night Owl

~Momentai
The pictograph quest has to be good pictures where you can see the whole subject and what they are doing.
Try to have the top of the head and bottoms of the feet inside and at the top/bottom of the frame.
Hit the camera button to show him the pics when you are standing next to him.

It may take a few tries to get a good pic so be patient.

If you need to know what the shots are, or how to take them, look in the spoiler.
The first picture is easier if you stand by the docks and zoom in so you can see the letter in the guys hand, that's extended to the mail box. You need the whole person and the mail box but you want to be zoomed in so you can see what he is doing.

The second one is in the cafe you need to break a dish or roll attack the wall/table and take the picture where the guy is scared and nervously looking around. whole body shot.

The last one you need too catch the moment when the guy in green stares into the eyes of the lady in orange. You need to have them both totally in the frame for it to count. I stand on the steps of the windmill building where I wont have the kids in the shot.

Bring him a forest fire fly after you become his apprentice to get the deluxe pictobox

Ooccoo Watcher

Reply - I have finished the pictograph quest now. I had completed it several times before this playthrough, its just that the quests wasn't triggering. As for SS, you need the hand in the toilet to activate before you can get Cawlin's letter in the first place, and the hand is not activating. I guess its worth mentioning that I haven't done the Cawlin's Request quest yet.

Ochibi

An enthusiastic nobody.
Here's an over-view of the SS quest; read it over and try to find something you might've missed.
It might not be 100% but I'll try to minimize the spoilers (:

One you talk to the man at the Bazaar or the Lady in the Knight Academy Kitchen, go to bed and sleep until night.
Go to the BOTTOM floor of the academy. The Toilet should be around, between the double doors (that leads to outside the academy) and the Kitchen.
If you found the right door a sequence should activate where you can here some 'haunting sounds' (The crying lady/Hand).
A text box should appear when the hand in the toilet starts talking to you (If this doesn't happen try opening the toilet door). After to listen to/read everything they have to say, go to bed and sleep until morning.

In the morning, Cawlin should be standing on the bottom floor of the Academy where the Double doors are. Talk to him and it should activate 2 Sidequests.

You can either fulfill Cawlin's request (Love-letter Quest) or for something else (Toilet-paper Quest). Using the item Cawlin gives you, you can either activate 1 of the 2 quests! Mind you, once you have activated one, you can't do the other, so choose wisely! Either way, you will get the same reward for either.

Ooccoo Watcher

I dont mean to be ungrateful, but I know where the bathroom is and I know where the lady and the man are. I try to talk to both before I start the quest, but when I go in front of the bathroom, the hand doesn't say anything like it should. Should I only talk to either/or man/lady and not both?

I dont mean to be ungrateful, but I know where the bathroom is and I know where the lady and the man are. I try to talk to both before I start the quest, but when I go in front of the bathroom, the hand doesn't say anything like it should. Should I only talk to either/or man/lady and not both?
It could be simply a matter of you being too early in the game for this sidequest.
Have you already gotten the Amber Tablet from the Earth Temple and placed it where it's supposed to go?

Ooccoo Watcher

It could be simply a matter of you being too early in the game for this sidequest.
Have you already gotten the Amber Tablet from the Earth Temple and placed it where it's supposed to go?

I am at the part where you are supposed to beat demise...but I have tried when the ZD walkthrough says its available to you. What's more, the person in the bazaar that Im supposed to talk to has a yellow bubble over his head like he should. He also says, "theres been strange noises from the bathroom lately" or something like that.

I am at the part where you are supposed to beat demise...but I have tried when the ZD walkthrough says its available to you. What's more, the person in the bazaar that Im supposed to talk to has a yellow bubble over his head like he should. He also says, "theres been strange noises from the bathroom lately" or something like that.
Luckily, I was able to test this. I had a save file at the point where you can go to the final battle but haven't done any sidequests yet.
Anyway, so I found Kukiel, the little girl, just to activate the Gratitude Crystal sidequests.
Then I went to the Academy at night and without talking to anybody, approached the 1st floor bathroom:
1. There was the ghost dialog box that said something like "Please help me...."
2. Then I tried to open the bathroom door so another dialog box popped up that said ".....I need paper, any kind of paper."

So I had Link sleep Until Morning, so now Cawlin's sidequest is activated.
You probably have to try opening the bathroom door before the 'paper' request can be activated.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom