• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Skyloft

B

Bandersnatch

Latley Zelda titles have been having having sky-like places you can visit, such as Palace of the Winds in Minish Cap, and City in the Sky in Twilight Princess, could the new Skyloft from Skyward Sword have any connections with these?

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
And I'm just the opposite. I think it's more likely to be connected to the City in the Sky, since we know for a fact that it was from before OoT, and I came into SS theorizing believing that MC goes after OoT, plus the City in the Sky's and the Palace of Wind's backstories contradict each other if not placed far apart.

MoblinPiglet

Prince of Moblins
Just as i was thinking, they could have a connection, and it could mean MC is second in timeline cause SS is probably the time hyrule and skyloft unite and MC does have people living in the sky, but then what about TP, what if everyone in skyloft are just ooccos or wat ever they are called and link is just... human, that or Ember Incubus' theory.

Is the City in the Sky Skyloft?

okay, i was thinking about various sky themed areas, and i came up with an interesting idea: skyloft and the city in the sky from TP are actually one and the same! my reasoning for this is that skyloft is said to be a bunch of floating islands, and the various peaces of the city in the sky could be considered islands. however the cit in the sky is said to be made y the Oocas, which makes the chances of humans having inhabited it in the past slim.
this don't mean that skyloft is completely unrelated to an area in another game though. what if the tower and palace in MC's cloud tops are actually the last remnants of skyloft? now that I think about, this actually seems more likely that skyloft=city in the sky.

DuckNoises

Gone (Wind) Fishin'
There are already many, many threads about this. Considering there isn't much in-game analysis to be made about this topic at the present time other than speculation, it belongs in the Skyward Sword section. I will also be merging it with a similar thread, already in the SS section.
Even though the existing article also pertains to TMC in addition to TP, those two games pretty much each represent one side of the argument. Rather than have one thread for one argument, I think it would be best to combine the two to have a discussion from both opinions.

Skyloft is pieces of Hyrule broken off and I think they'll attach back to Hyrule at the end of the game or whatever, so Im pretty sure it has no connections with either of these.

Aero_Dynamic

エアロダイナミック
I don't know. Skyloft is a FLOATING series of lands, and the City in the Sky has propellors holding it up, and it looks like one gigantic place together. So I'm leaning toward Skyloft isn't CITS. The Palace of Winds? I don't know about that one. But I don't think so, I'm sure MC is not before OoT. I think MC is later in the timeline.

The Palace of Winds? I don't know about that one. But I don't think so, I'm sure MC is not before OoT. I think MC is later in the timeline.
I agree that MC probably comes after SS, but that dosn't stop the Palace of Winds from being Skyloft. as a matter of fact, the destroyed state of the Palace of Winds pretty much requeres MC to be after SS for this theory to work. (unless the fact that I rarely check Zelda news anymore means that this theory has been destroyed and I didn't realize it.)

Neither, I think Skyloft is just several pieces of land (parts of Hyrule?) floating above the clouds. I don't think there'll be much of a connection between Skyloft and both CitS and PoW.

I think that all of the places in the sky are somehow connected.. since they all seem to be located in the sky. But then again I could be wrong on that.

PhantomTriforce

I am a Person of Interest
I would think that yes, the three sky regions are connected in some way. Perhaps Skyloft split up in the end, and the Cloud Tops and the City in the Sky are parts of Skyloft.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom