• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Skydiving Link

Mr.Verto

爆発物マネージャ
As many of us have noticed Link pants are very similar to those to skydivers, he lives in a cloudly land (Skyloft) and we see him jump of a cliff just as a skydiver will do. Do you believe we are gonna see a Skydiving feature in SS like in Wii Sports Resort.

Obviously not grabbing people to earn points or to land safetly.-.-

Valexi

Hylian Thief
I hope not...I mean, if they start adding in too much stuff from Wii Resort then it would seem too tacky. It would basically mean that they didn't put much thought into making original mini-games and events ect.
But, hey, that's just my opinion.
I didn't really like the sky-diving game in Report....I'm not very good at it.

TheGreen

is climbin' in yo windows
I do not think we will see a sky diving feature, but we know that he will travel via the skyward sword so I won't rule out using motion plus to control her/it.

AwesomeLink86

Link is awesome!!
I could be wrong, but I always thought of that scene in the trailer was just a promotional gimic to get attention. I never really thought of him actually doing that in the game (though it would be pretty interesting)....

PhantomTriforce

I am a Person of Interest
I would be okay to add it in the game, maybe the first time Link needs to go to the land below. After that, I think Link'll open a portal or something so he doesn't have to skydive all the time.

Aero_Dynamic

エアロダイナミック
I agree with AwesomeLink86 agreeing with PhantomTriforce, maybe you can chose to warp or jump. Or something happens to the portal and you have no choice but to skydive.

Jetter

Type to myself in silence
Now this is a suggestion I really like. There's evidence for this,but someone might take that different. In the end of the trailer at E3 we see Link performing some sort of leap of faith. He falls in a way that does not seem like the sword does much,but this is only in my perspective. It has been stated Link will be using the Master Sword to travel from Skyloft and the land below.

Raven

Former Hylian Knight
I've had a few ideas about this, and I think it's very possible that Link will make that leap of faith in the game. but after that it's pretty much guess work. In TP Link fell from unimaginable heights (the city in the sky) down into Lake Hylia without being hurt in the slightest. But in Skyward Sword we are told that Link travels back and forth using the SS. I just recently thought of Link using the SS down in hyrule to activate one of those ancient cannons we saw in TP. But that thing was set on auto pilot to the home of the Ooccoo so that wouldn't work. But i may be onto something when i said that Link uses the sword to activate something else, perhaps he strikes a pedestal similar to the Pedestal of Light? and it warps him up to skyloft? Just brain storming but I think Skydiving would be a neat way to travel down but then how do you travel up? do we use the same way up and down each time or are they two separate things? They will most likely make it the same both ways and since we saw the leap of faith in the trailer im intrigued to see how that gets him down to hyrule and up to skyloft, I'm actually kind of confused about what I myself think will happen but I can see a few cut scenes taking place while skydiving, which would be epic.

Firstly, we all know what the real reason is behind the design of Link's pants in Skyward Sword. And that reason is that there is going to be a mini-game in which Link will have to perform as MC Hammer in the video for Can't Touch This. ;D

Seriously though, I don't really want to see Skydiving in Skyward Sword. If I am correct, it is something that is more advanced than anything else in the series, including the train in Spirit Tracks and Bazooka in Twilight Princess. Even though people argue that the Zelda series is a series based around fantasy in terms of it's genre (along with other genres), this is too advanced for my liking.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom