• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Skipping Class

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
I've skipped once or twice for my birthday, and a few times because I was sick, but other than that, no. I get pissed off when I'm late to lunch, so I don't think I'm going to do anymore skipping. ^^

I think the only time I skipped was the first few days of fourth grade where I was so nervous for school I got sick and then faked being sick the next three days so my mom would let me stay home.

But never since I've been in high school. I know it's really easy though, I have friends who have (you just hold an old pass and walk around campus and if anyone asks you hold it up, they never read it)
Really my school is so big it's easy to skip.

I would never though (too afraid to get caught, and I hate make-up work)

octorok74

TETTAC
I almost skipped my history class today since I got accepted into the Titanfall Beta. But the beta is still downloading and I have an exam in my history class today. But I have skipped in the past, one being last semester to work things out with a friend. I try not to skip though.

Terminus

If I was a wizard this wouldn't be happening to me
Funnily enough I'm tempted to skip today just so I can avoid dealing with everything... but like most of the time I view it as more important to attend lectures and not miss crap.

I used to skip/cut class in high school a lot but I always did it for stupid reasons.I was a "jock" by definition at my high school. Teachers loved me, I played football and soccer. Never had to worry about grades as football is huge in the South Eastern USA and we had one of the top 3 soccer teams in the state at the time. So basically I cut class and went to friends houses to play PS2 and Gamecube...then eventually PS3 as a senior...you know "jock things" lol

キラ

Yo!
I've never skipped except for one period once in my lifetime because I was feeling really emotional that day and I just needed some fresh air. I spent a lot of it in the bathroom. I was really depressed. I felt like I was sick as well so I went to go home that day. :cry:

Other than that, no. And I felt guilty for even doing that, but I felt like I couldn't handle school that day. I felt like I could handle reality. I feel that way a lot. I felt like that a lot of days and would just stay home from school and play it off like I was sick (but there was times that I was so emotional I felt sick as well).

I never skipped class when I was in high school. I figured it would be a bad habit to get into.

In university, I rarely skipped; I genuinely enjoyed my classes and my professors so it wasn't difficult to motivate myself to go. There were only a couple of times that I didn't - and it was because I was driving myself crazy trying to get all of my essays written (somehow they ended up all assigned at the same time. Very inconvenient) ... In the later years, skipping would have been difficult even if I wanted to, because it looked really bad if you didn't go; attendance wasn't recorded, but with only 10 people in a class, it's easy to see who's missing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom