• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Silly things you've done while playing Pokemon games

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
Are there any silly things you have done throughout your pokemon experience? You can share here.

I've done too many stupid things, actually. One being that I recently traded a 4IV Japanese Ditto with Destiny Knot included. I had to get some BP and buy the item again. Surely handing out free items is a no-no for me, not when they cost a bit to get.

By mistake I also traded away my Zacian for his counterpart. I didn't want to do that, but I pressed the button by mistake. :( Oh well, at least I was able to record Zamazenta in the pokedex. Later on, it turned well for me, someone else gave me a Zacian for Zamazenta, guess they wanted to record its data, too.

Sometimes I occasionally walk into poles, the corners, or just the wall while playing Pokémon. I'm usually very strict on what I encounter and catch, so usually my biggest mistake would be saving without checking the Ability of my Pokémon and making sure the Nature and Characteristic doesn't completely contradict each other.

I remember during the XY days I caught some random Pokemon and renamed them things like NO THANKS or TRADE ME BACK as a way to communicate with whoever I was trading with online.

Also I renamed Mewtwo to Kyogre and wonder traded it away.

thePlinko

What’s the character limit on this? Aksnfiskwjfjsk
ZD Legend
When playing X I chose frokie, as all the cool kids do. If you don’t know, after a while the professor in XY gives you a kanto starter in addition to your kalos starter, for the purpose of mega evolving. My favorite kanto starter is squirtle. I had two separate fully evolved water types on my team.

Luckily gen VI was a pushover so I could get away with doing that, but in the future I’m going to try and not do that.

Part of me just wants to say 'I played Shield'.

But I'll be good.

My first time through Gold I really wanted to keep my Quilava as a Quilava, I didn't have an ever stone and I won a battle and didn't realise he levelled up. I was watching something on TV at the time so was just hammering A when the battle had finished.

When I went into the next battle Quilava had evolved and I was sad. But I'd saved after the last battle (serial saver) so I couldn't even undo it.

Nevermind, Typhlosion is cool too.

Siphonix

Eater of Worlds
I leveled up a Wurmple to level 100 before my first gym. So I would just tank the gyms.

Cfrock

Keep it strong
I didn't nickname any Pokémon until Gen 4 because when I played Red and it asked if I wanted to give Squirtle a nickname I said yes and then couldn't think of anything. I believed that if I left the nickname blank Squirtle wouldn't have a name, so I typed in Squirtle. When he evolved he was still called Squirtle, and when he became the big boy with the shoulder cannons he was still Squirtle, and I was very upset and hated nicknames because I didn't understand how they worked and never used them for ten years.

Also, I called my rival ??? the first time I played Silver because I didn't understand what was going on.

I didn't nickname any Pokémon until Gen 4 because when I played Red and it asked if I wanted to give Squirtle a nickname I said yes and then couldn't think of anything. I believed that if I left the nickname blank Squirtle wouldn't have a name, so I typed in Squirtle. When he evolved he was still called Squirtle, and when he became the big boy with the shoulder cannons he was still Squirtle, and I was very upset and hated nicknames because I didn't understand how they worked and never used them for ten years.

Also, I called my rival ??? the first time I played Silver because I didn't understand what was going on.

I did that too with Charmander.

Doc

BoDoc Horseman
I killed a shiny Roselia in Sapphire because I was under the assumption that shiny pokemon were a newer feature in Pokemonn games.

thePlinko

What’s the character limit on this? Aksnfiskwjfjsk
ZD Legend

I did the same thing in white, only in that game if you make it the same name it will act as if you didn’t nickname it, so I was incredibly confused when my Oshawott evolved into an..... Oshawott....

Turns out when I put in “Oshawott” I misspelled it, and since gen V was the newest generation at the time I didn’t know enough about the names to realize this.

Mikey the Moblin

sushi is a suspicious hello
When playing X I chose frokie, as all the cool kids do. If you don’t know, after a while the professor in XY gives you a kanto starter in addition to your kalos starter, for the purpose of mega evolving. My favorite kanto starter is squirtle. I had two separate fully evolved water types on my team.

Luckily gen VI was a pushover so I could get away with doing that, but in the future I’m going to try and not do that.
two water types eh
wheeze

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom