• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Should There Be More Than One Profile

Should they add more slots

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Maybe

• Total voters

~Mizuki~

ALWAYS LEAVE BOX 5 OPEN
Hey guys, you know when you start playing a Pokemon game and it only has one slot. I believe they need to add more slots, than just one slot. It also seems not fair to others who want to play, but the first slot is already taken. Do you believe they need to add more slots or just keep it to one slot

Yes, there needs to be multiple save files. It upset me when I beat a game and wanted to play it again, but could not without a drawback. This left me with 2 options: delete the file and lose all data, or buy the other version of the game and use it to restart the game when I pleased. I chose the latter.

Allowing for multiple save files would completely resolve this issue. It would save me some cash, keep all my good Pokemon in tact, and it could be expanded upon. For example, you could trade with your other file or battle against it.

Justeazy

Todo is the pfuf!
HoT... how could you trade with or battle against multiple files on the same cartridge? That would require you to... like... cut it in half and have a working half in one DS and a working half of the cartridge in another DS so they both can be played at the same time....

Anyway, the reason there's only one file, originally, was because there wasn't enough memory to have two. (Though they always talk about the lack of memory as an excuse for everything, and I wonder how much memory the Missing No. and other glitches take, what with their like quantillion possibilities.) I really used to think that there should be multiple files, but I have to say, playing older games on emulator, I have the opportunity to have like 10 files with the save states, and I never have effectively used more than 1. In my experience, I have no use for multiple files, I get attached to one team and keep playing them and don't want to move on, but I guess in the case of sibling rivalry you could help it out with multiple files on a cartridge, but then you'd also have to work out a who-gets-to-play-when schedule, if both (or more) kids become addicted. =/

Justeazy said:
HoT... how could you trade with or battle against multiple files on the same cartridge? That would require you to... like... cut it in half and have a working half in one DS and a working half of the cartridge in another DS so they both can be played at the same time....

I meant that the capability could be built in the game.

This is one of the many ways nintendo makes money off of pokemon. If you want to start a new game, you either need to delete your old save, or buy a new cartridge. I would love to have maybe 3 save slots but it is not going to happen.

I really don't see how this could possibly work ... First off, Pokemon games are huge, and the save files are likely huge. I imagine the data for one Pokemon alone would be massive. Then there's every single pokemon you could possibly have in your box, their placement, their nickname, your pokedex progress, where you are in the game, your bag, etc. There's a lot for one save file.

Then there's the point. What is it? I think the fact that each generation introduces 2-3 new games means giving a save file to your brother or something is redundant. Why not just pick up the other game for him? It could also be considered cheating. Using one file as the main game, then using the other to grab all the Pokemon you couldn't in the first save file. It's almost a stupid idea, really.

Conor

the over analysing guy
I think it would take away from the whole mystique of pokemon in a sense, it's a very big journey, you shouldn't be able to just start again willy nilly, that's why they make it so difficult to delete a file, everything in that file really becomes personal to you. Soppy as that sounds.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Pokemon games are tiny in comparison to other GBA/GB/NDS games. I could go into detail, but the average DS PKMN game takes 32-128MB, whereas Kingdom Hearts Re:Coded takes 256MB. Therefore, Pokemon games, handheld at least, are small. Even Pokemon Stadium for N64 was about 32MB if memory serves; Paper Mario was 64MB IIRC.

Multiple save slots would be nice, but I think one of the reasons why they don't exist is to promote the trade aspect with other people. For example, I have Heart Gold and picked Cyndaquil as my starter, and now I want Chikorita. Under the current set of only one slave slot, I would either have to buy another copy of HG/SS or find a friend, and friend interaction is one of the bases for Pokemon anyway. If I had multiple save slots, I could get all the starters whenever I wanted to, at no repercussions at all!

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
Definitely yes! Two at least, in my opinion, that way you can have a spare slot if you want to start again or simply to let others play and don't mess with your own file.

Yes, I think there should be. Because for me, my little cousin likes to get a hold of my DS and play my pokemon and start a new game over the one I'm working on. So I lost all my data because there wasn't another slot for a new game, I mean every other game has at least three slots. More slots could also just help a lot with other things, I think people would enjoy the game more if they didn't have to worry about losing their progress.

Lukémon

Shows over folks!
Yes I want 2 save slots, cause then I wouldn't end up having a Migraine over deciding whether to delete my game and my beloved pokémon to start again and enjoy the story.
In the end I got smart and started a new game without deleting my old one, then when I wanted to stop playing I just closed the DS without turning off the game. Then, when I wanted to keep going, I just opened the DS again and kept on playing.

I would love to have more than one slot. I want to replay Blue really really bad, but I'm so close to having all the Pokemon (including glitch Mew), so I can't bring myself to restart. :/

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom