• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Zelda Should the Beetle Be a Stellar Item?

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
The Beetle is a rather new item, first introduced in the newest installment, Skyward Sword. The concept of the item wasn't essentially a new one, as it basically served the same purpose as the Boomerang or any item that has been used to strike a specific switch or retrieve a certain item etc. However, this item is highly versatile, in the sense that it can do multiple things, and with it being manually controlled it gives that feeling of freedom, we are in control.

Now many games over the years have showcased some pretty unique items, but a lot haven't actually been expanded upon or appeared since. Question is, should the Beetle make its way through that one off unique item and actually into the group of stellar items?

Gomp

Love, loving life!
The Beetle is a rather new item, first introduced in the newest installment, Skyward Sword. The concept of the item wasn't essentially a new one, as it basically served the same purpose as the Boomerang or any item that has been used to strike a specific switch or retrieve a certain item etc. However, this item is highly versatile, in the sense that it can do multiple things, and with it being manually controlled it gives that feeling of freedom, we are in control.

Now many games over the years have showcased some pretty unique items, but a lot haven't actually been expanded upon or appeared since. Question is, should the Beetle make its way through that one off unique item and actually into the group of stellar items?

It did make sense in SS .. But I do not think it would make as much sense in other installments. I am not sure how it is powered in SS .. But with the mechanical focus in SS, it might seem out of place in other installments. However with the proper story behind it, I could see it working in other titles.

I guess that is for the big N to decide. :)

DarkLink17

Well then
I thought the Beetle was a very well designed item, gameplay and appearance wise. I agree with everyone else though, that the Beetle should stay in SS. The item itself is exclusive to that type of art style (mechanized), and would seem out of place in any other installment. Besides, the boomerang is just a classic Zelda item, and its purpose shouldn't be replaced by some new fancy gadget.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I don't see how that makes it not a good item lol.

The Beetle practically replaces the Boomerang. I prefer the Boomerang, so, I do not want to see the Beetle become anything besides "an SS item". Q_Q

Beauts

Rock and roll will never die
I like the Beetle. The Boomerang was annoying to aim. Sure, they could improve the Beetle in a lot of ways but to be honest I found it useful and I think it could become a pretty stellar item if returned in the future :)

Salem

SICK
I love the beetle(although I like to think of it as a bird;)) but I also love the boomerang, can't we have both?

The beetle added a lot of cool puzzles and exploration but unless they can come up with a backstory of why link has it in later games, I prefer it stays in SS. The boomerang IS less fun though.... I often shot the beetle off just to see how far it could go. XD

ihateghirahim

The Fierce Deity
The beetle is an amazing item and a reminder of Nintendo's continuing creativity. I hope it returns. It doesn't have any special connection to SS, so it really can return. No backstory is required. Link just finds most of his other equipment, and it doesn't have to be the same beetle.. The Beetle can easily return, origin story or not.

I think the Beetle should just stay in SS. Sure it was a really cool item, and is used a good amount through the whole game, but I like the boomerang better (preferably the Gale Boomerang).

Gomp

Love, loving life!
I think the Beetle should just stay in SS. Sure it was a really cool item, and is used a good amount through the whole game, but I like the boomerang better (preferably the Gale Boomerang).

Agreed, the beetle is well acceptable in SS due to the mechanical levels.. It would not fit in any other game, unless it has a good back story. (Which should be rather easy, as SS was the first in the timeline. (It could be stored away for eons, and one could figure out how to work it. Unless it is just spring loaded or something.))

Let it be in SS .. Or give a REALLY good reason for it to make a new appearance. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom