• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Should some future Zelda Games have a different main playable character?

Should some future Zelda Games have a different main playable character?

• Yes!

Votes: 5 35.7%
  • No!

Votes: 6 42.9%
  • I don't care

Votes: 3 21.4%

• Total voters

Echolight

❤️ love yourself ❤️
ZD Champion
All Zelda games so far has had the main playable character be Link. Should a game change it up? Should it instead be about a Gerudo, or a Zora? Or just a different Hylian? What do you think of this?

I personally am fine with it, but not that energetic about it. Link being the main character is perfectly fine with me.

el :BeoWolf:

When all else fails use fire
I'd prefer Link to stay as the main character but introducing a party of other characters would make a much more interesting story like imagine a party of the champions fighting a stone talus. It'd be quite the site

thePlinko

What’s the character limit on this? Aksnfiskwjfjsk
ZD Legend
I’d be fine if it was a side game, like Luigi’s mansion or wario land. I’d even be fine if it was canon, just don’t call it “the Legend of Zelda.” I want that name to signify that you’re playing as the legendary hero.

I'd be fine with it, especially if it was someone like Aryll.

For example, when everyone foolishly assumed Link was a girl in the BotW reveal trailer, I had some fun that, because Link was wearing blue, it could be Aryll.

But now ever since then I've wanted to Aryll to come back as a hardcore warrior type character. I think someone like her could fit into a playable role in a Zelda game if we didn't have Link.

Last edited:

MapelSerup

not actually Canadian
I’m not really a fan. When people were all excited that we might get a playable Zelda, I wasn’t really into it. I feel like they could have a segment where another character is playable, but unless it’s done like in previous games, it kind of separates you from the open world aspect. I actually really like Link, and I don’t want to be forced to play as somebody else for a long period of time.

TheTrueHero

The Skeleton of Judgement
i think that Link should stay the main character. As much as I would love to play some other characters, link just doesn’t get old. Although if I had to say yes, I would probably want to play as one of the champions if they are in botw 2

I think it would be interesting to play as Zelda in a future game. Not sure how exciting it would be, considering she's usually just protecting everyone from Ganon, but I still think the idea would be fun.

Rubik

King of Lorule Lounge
I love when games let you see a different perspective than you're used to playing from. Even if it's not something they should necessarily do regularly, it's a fun way to change things up a bit.

areasell

Twilight Princess Master
I mentioned something about a spinoff with Ganon having an offspring that tries to make the world filled with monsters and stuff. I would like to be able to play as other characters, but it would need to be in something that isn't in the Zelda timeline. Something like Hyrule Warriors. Related to the franchise, but not quite Zelda enough to be in the timeline.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom