• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Should Skyward Sword Zelda should've not been a damsel in distress?

Should Skyward Sword Zelda should've not been a damsel and distress

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • I don't know

Votes: 3 75.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Skyward Sword Zelda was like a damsel-in-distress Mary Sue in the game, she didn't help Link very much, she wasn't a partner and I don't like her due to her being a damsel in distress NPC. I think if she would've been a kind of a partner to Link like Groose and help him save the world, it probably would've gave me the chance to bond more with her. But I don't know, I choose I don't know because I never liked Zelda but I wonder if making her bond more with Link would've made the game better and the character more likeable. She could be like Groose, whiny, annoying, childish and sassy brat in the beginning and then turned into a more mature, kind-hearted girl, which she did in the middle of the game, but could've been a partner to me, it probably would've been better to me but I don't know.

Do you guys think she should've not been a helpless damsel in distress or should she have been kept as a damsel in distress?

I think she should've not been a damsel in distress.

Ninja

Well well well
I think you and SS Zelda need to sit down over a cup of coffee and iron out your differences. She's like, totally not as bad as you think. :)

For your question I think SS Zelda was just fine the way she was, the appointed knight, saves the princess, just like Mario and Peach.

I think you and SS Zelda need to sit down over a cup of coffee and iron out your differences. She's like, totally not as bad as you think. :)

For your question I think SS Zelda was just fine the way she was, the appointed knight, saves the princess, just like Mario and Peach.

How is she not as bad as I think? And she's not a bad child as in constantly abusive or something she's just a badly written character Some people don't like her and I never liked Zelda. She always teased Link in the beginning and I can't forgive her for teasing link constantly as if she hasn't been to tenth grade yet. Even Link is the same age and he doesn't even tease people half as much as she does and he's a bit mischievous too.

I mean she cried tears of joy in front of Impa instead of suppressing them. She should've suppressed her emotions like I would have done if I was in front of Impa, a friend that I only known for a short amount of time because they were friends for too short of a time for her to show her feelings in front of her.

My friend, Amy rarely teases people and she is a perfect child, much sweeter than Zelda is. Zelda should've been like Amy.

Last edited:

YIGAhim

Sole Survivor
You have stated your opinion in countless different ways. We get it, you hate Zelda (at least the SS one). We don't need post after post of "Why couldn't this happen". I'm sorry to say it, but it's true.

I absolutely LOVE Skyward Sword as a game, and hate when people rag on it. That does not mean I make 10+ threads on how much I love Skyward Sword.

I used to post in every thread that bashed SS that it did not suck, and was amazing. That got me nowhere. All it got me was people going "Dude, we get it". Now, I keep my opinion in my sig, and make mention of it from time to time.

I advise you do the same before the line has been crossed any further.

You have stated your opinion in countless different ways. We get it, you hate Zelda (at least the SS one). We don't need post after post of "Why couldn't this happen". I'm sorry to say it, but it's true.

I absolutely LOVE Skyward Sword as a game, and hate when people rag on it. That does not mean I make 10+ threads on how much I love Skyward Sword.

I used to post in every thread that bashed SS that it did not suck, and was amazing. That got me nowhere. All it got me was people going "Dude, we get it". Now, I keep my opinion in my sig, and make mention of it from time to time.

I advise you do the same before the line has been crossed any further.

I hate all the Zeldas I've seen so far, the OOT one, the SS one and that biotchy BOTW one.

YIGAhim

Sole Survivor
As that may be true, we get your point.

Please understand that I'm saying this for the good of all of us. You have stated and restated your opinion one time too many. Try and keep it to one large thread about how much you hate Zelda if you wish to continue what you are doing

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
You indeed have stated your dislike over Zelda like many times. There's no need to keep on making threads about how much you hate her. Yigahim made a good point. There is absolutely no need to create different threads about showing your hate towards her in every single game. I dislike Zelda too ( a huge lot) and I dislike SS very much. But I'm not going to create different topics about why I hate Zelda or SS. That's not getting you anywhere besides the "oh, here we go again" kinda reaction.

SS Zelda as a damsel in distress was the only way the story could have gone, there wasnt a better motivation for Link to embark on his mission than rescuing his childhood-probably-more-someday-friend from evil.

Zelda is almost always a DID, SS is just another one in a long line.

Plus she wasnt kidnapped all that much, she spent most of it with Impa.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
Zelda's "damsel in distress" situation was mostly relegated to the end of the game. Other than being knocked out of the sky by Ghirahim, she was on a journey of her own accord. Being encased in the crystal was also of her own accord. It's hard to call her a damsel in distress when she was the one who willingly entered most of those situations. Being kidnapped by Ghirahim at the end is the only real damsel in distress situation you rescue her from, and it doesn't last very long.

CyborgElfStephanie

Just a loser loving Legend of Zelda and anime
So you're saying Zelda in Skyward Sword is a damsel in distress? She had to bust her freakin ass trying to keep the demon king in his place while helping Link in his quest to rid him from attacking the world. I'm sorry but that is not damsel in distress I see here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom