• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Should Link be Playable??

Echolight

❤️ love yourself ❤️
ZD Champion
We are all really excited about the upcoming game, botw 2. But, who will be the protagonist in the game? Link, or Zelda? I personally think both, but some people want only Zelda to be the playable protagonist and Link not at all. What do you think, should Link even be playable?

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
Link? Link who? Do you mean Zelda? Zelda is the one in green right?

I want both of them. Give me both. I really want them to share an adventure together like in Spirit Tracks. Zelda has spent the past 100 years sealed away fighting Ganon constantly, the last thing she deserves is to be made the objective of the entire game again. She deserves to have this new adventure alongside Link, and that would be great for both the story and for the gameplay. So gimme both. Both should be playable.

LegendOfMeesh

You Are The Light
Exactly, I feel the same way.

Since people want Link to be playable, and some want Zelda to be playable, I think Nintendo’s best move is to make them both playable, making both sides happy.
I definitely agree with this. It wouldn’t be right if Link wasn’t playable at all, unless they were to do some sort of side game with the concept.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
I think a Witcher 3 compromise would work best: Geralt was of course the main playable character throughout the main course of the adventure, whereas Ciri took up small bits with her own moveset and areas to roam. The same could be applied to Link and Zelda, switching between Link in the openworld and Zelda in more constrained story-bound locales. Nintendo could even take it up a notch and give the pair a different set of abilities: Link remains the melee attacker that he's always been while Zelda is given more mage-like abilities, assaulting foes with magic or her light arrows. The two of them are an iconic pair that barely get to work together on the main consoles, so this transition to the main formula would help to bring their legacy closer to being realized.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
If they are gonna do a game with a different protagonist that's fine but they should make it clear that it's supposed to be like that when they are developing it. I'd quite like to see canon games in the world of Hyrule that don't feature Link as the main protagonist but I don't think it should be BoTW2. That said I wouldn't mind some sections in the game playing as other characters such as Zelda.

el :BeoWolf:

When all else fails use fire
Honestly Link not being playable? Not gonna happen in a million years let alone BotW2.
This isn't even a question.

Zelda is a maybe. I could see where she'd be playable in some capacity but then again she may just be the next Navi.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
A lot of people are suggesting segments, as in Link and Zelda taking turns. That's not what I want. I want them to both be present at the same time, with the ability to swap between them as you wish. At the very least, that can be postgame, but I absolutely want that either way. I NEED IT.

Echolight

❤️ love yourself ❤️
ZD Champion
A lot of people are suggesting segments, as in Link and Zelda taking turns. That's not what I want. I want them to both be present at the same time, with the ability to swap between them as you wish. At the very least, that can be postgame, but I absolutely want that either way. I NEED IT.

That is what I want also. It would work kinda like the LEGO games, where you would switch between the characters, and they both would have different abilities, plus you could play at the same time in two player.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom