• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Should Link and Zelda be acquaintances?

Should Link and Zelda be acquaintances?

• Yes

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • Nah, I like them as friends

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • They should have some sort of romance

Votes: 7 46.7%
  • They shouldn't have any relationship at all

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hmm... I don't know

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • It depends on the game

Votes: 6 40.0%

• Total voters
I think that they are better off as acquaintances. I don't like Zelda and when I see her being either friends or lovers with Link, that's when my hate for Zelda comes out, the reason why I don't like Zelda anyway is because of her interactions with Link as a friend/lover. In OOT, they seemed to be friends and I didn't like that. In SS, AOL and BOTW, they seemed to be friends/lovers and they are the worst versions of Zelda due to that.

I'm playing Twilight Princess and I had finished SSBB Subspace Emissary and I think I like it better for Link and Zelda to be acquaintances.

They're both pretty different and I don't see how the two would be more than acquaintances. Zelda is more of a pushover while Link is just perfect guy who can be stubborn and strong-willed. Link seems to be autistic while Zelda doesn't show any signs of having a disability. Link is a man of a few words and is pretty shy, cold, and unemotional while Zelda talks more and is comfortable around people.

Should they be acquaintances like they seemed to be in TP for example? Should they be friends like in games like OOT? Or should they be in a romance like in games like SS, AOL, ST, WW?

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
What? Only game in the entire series where theres any "romance" is SS. Zelda and Link have always been portrayed as friends. Link may want to go further in some cases but stations in life means they can't.

Hell even in ST where Zelda stalks link everywhere we are shown that at best link can end up as a train master or Zelda's Guard. Not her betrothed or any of that crap.

SS is literally the only game where we see any romance betwixt the two. AOL has the kiss yes but that's more along the lines of the fairytales of "kiss the princess to wake her from her slumber of the ages"

What? Only game in the entire series where theres any "romance" is SS. Zelda and Link have always been portrayed as friends. Link may want to go further in some cases but stations in life means they can't.

Hell even in ST where Zelda stalks link everywhere we are shown that at best link can end up as a train master or Zelda's Guard. Not her betrothed or any of that crap.

SS is literally the only game where we see any romance betwixt the two. AOL has the kiss yes but that's more along the lines of the fairytales of "kiss the princess to wake her from her slumber of the ages"

I haven't played WW, ST or AOL, but from what people were talking about it seems that Link is in love with Tetra and was in love with Zelda in ST. In ST they held hands for example. In WW, Link got together with Tetra at the end. In AOL, Zelda and Link probably kissed or hugged or something under a curtain.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
I'd like them to be lovers and to see the love scenes Witcher 3 style.

The only game where there was a proper romance was SS and even then I know they didnt tell the best story they could.

I'd like them to be lovers and to see the love scenes Witcher 3 style.

The only game where there was a proper romance was SS and even then I know they didnt tell the best story they could.

Witcher 3? Eww... sounds really gross.... and I don't think Link and ZElda traingle lip would have sex anyway.

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
I haven't played WW, ST or AOL, but from what people were talking about it seems that Link is in love with Tetra and was in love with Zelda in ST. In ST they held hands for example. In WW, Link got together with Tetra at the end. In AOL, Zelda and Link probably kissed or hugged or something under a curtain.

Wait so you've not played the games but you're assuming that they get romantic? Assumption makes an ass outta you, y'know.

Link may be in love with tetra or zelda or whatever but he can't do jacksquat about it. Zelda's station in life demands she marries someone else of noble lineage and Links not it.

In fact SS was the only game where link had an actual shot with zelda as there was no years of tradition or duty to stop them.

Wait so you've not played the games but you're assuming that they get romantic? Assumption makes an ass outta you, y'know.

Link may be in love with tetra or zelda or whatever but he can't do jacksquat about it. Zelda's station in life demands she marries someone else of noble lineage and Links not it.

In fact SS was the only game where link had an actual shot with zelda as there was no years of tradition or duty to stop them.

Why are you being so mean? I'm intuitive, I'm just guessing. Sometimes people guess right.I heard people talking something about link being in love with ST Zelda and Tetra

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
Why are you being so mean? I'm intuitive, I'm just guessing. Sometimes people guess right.I heard people talking something about link being in love with ST Zelda and Tetra

I'm not deliberately being mean and i apologise if it seems that way, i was mainly trying to get a point across. There can be familiarity between Zelda and Link but there can never be a relationship betwixt the two, The stations they occupy in live means they can't ever marry or have children or any of that. Zelda would've been used to make political connections/marriages and if Link was captain of the guard (such as is possible in ST) he might have likewise been married off for political power but that's unlikely.

I'm mostly trying to tell you that no matter what happens in the end Link and Zelda have never ended up together in the series. Only in SS was there a possibility of this.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Witcher 3? Eww... sounds really gross.... and I don't think Link and ZElda traingle lip would have sex anyway.

Yeah it is the greatest game of all time. I mentioned it because of the graphic sex. I'd like to see Zelda embrace the mature themes like that.

I'm sure that baboon lip Link and Triangle Lip Zelda would do the do with each other.

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
Yeah it is the greatest game of all time. I mentioned it because of the graphic sex. I'd like to see Zelda embrace the mature themes like that.

I'm sure that baboon lip Link and Triangle Lip Zelda would do the do with each other.

Read that a "I'm sure that baboon lip link and Tingles lips would do the do with each other.

I'm not deliberately being mean and i apologise if it seems that way, i was mainly trying to get a point across. There can be familiarity between Zelda and Link but there can never be a relationship betwixt the two, The stations they occupy in live means they can't ever marry or have children or any of that. Zelda would've been used to make political connections/marriages and if Link was captain of the guard (such as is possible in ST) he might have likewise been married off for political power but that's unlikely.

I'm mostly trying to tell you that no matter what happens in the end Link and Zelda have never ended up together in the series. Only in SS was there a possibility of this.

For what reason did Link possibly end up with Zelda Triangle lip in SS anyway? They didn't give a clear reason why Link possibly ended up with her. I would be disappointed if it is just because he loves her but Link is not clingy like that, he's too cold and unemotional for that. I think that it is a different reason why he decided to stay on the surface.

Link ending up with Zelda is the worst thing that ever happened in Zelda games ever.... because the two are too different from each other and it's probably because they're so friendly why they ended up together. I never liked Zelink, and I think it is disgusting for these two different people to be friends or lovers.

That would be disgusting as frack, dude... That would be the worst thing in LOZ if these two different kids done freaked each other or something. Zelink sucks.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
In BotW there is a direct dialogue confirmation that Zelda has feelings for Link. Of course, we're left to speculate on Link's feelings, but Kass's mentor is said to have been in love with Zelda and thus jealous of Link because of her affections for him. He changes his mind when he sees Link sacrifice himself at the battle of Fort Hateno and he records in his song that he passed down to Kass that it was Zelda's love for her fallen knight that awoke her powers. This is probably the most explicit they've ever been about Zelink in canon.

As far as my feelings on this go, I can go either way, romance or friendship. I think Zelink is pretty cute, and I enjoy their friendship in the games. I also love Zelda as a character, so I'm probably completely opposite you on this matter.

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
For what reason did Link possibly end up with Zelda Triangle lip in SS anyway? They didn't give a clear reason why Link possibly ended up with her. I would be disappointed if it is just because he loves her but Link is not clingy like that, he's too cold and unemotional for that. I think that it is a different reason why he decided to stay on the surface.

Link ending up with Zelda is the worst thing that ever happened in Zelda games ever.... because the two are too different from each other and it's probably because they're so friendly why they ended up together. I never liked Zelink, and I think it is disgusting for these two different people to be friends or lovers.

The clear reason was that Link Loved zelda and went to her rescue he is quite literally her knight in rusting Armor. Her Armored amour. nothing more or less

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
That would be disgusting as frack, dude... That would be the worst thing in LOZ if these two different kids done freaked each other or something. Zelink sucks.

I don't see why their difference disgusts you. Sometimes two different personalities work well in a romantic relationship. And they are actually some of the least off-putting Suckward Sword characters physically. It would be only natural for them to be sexually attracted to each other. Though as I said before the only better pairing would be for Link and Ghirahim. He has such beauty, such pure form, such an exquisite physique and stunning features that would be hard for Link to resist and possibly overcome his desires for Zelda with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom