• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Should I Get Mass Effect 3?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The more I hear about this game, the more epic it sounds. But I'm not the type to start a series right from the middle.

So, should I get the game and be clueless about the story, or should I skip the series entirely?

^

What he said. It seems like there will be quite a bit of info you won't understand unless you haven't played the previous two entries.

linkman8

True and Noble
Absolutely agreed with the others. I would strongly discourage buying ME3 before getting and playing the other two first. Trust me, having played them all, they are definitely worth it if you like science fiction. Besides, there's so much going on plot-wise in those games, that starting with the 3rd game would be like trying to get on a running treadmill.

if you have a 360 buy the first one right away, its a great price right nnow and its a great game, the second one is awesome as well but dont play them out of order

if you have a ps3 get mass effect 2, it has a backstory comic in the game itself for the first one, they are awesome!

Mass effect 3 will be awesome! I really dont see how they can screw this up!

guapo2003

The incomparable legend
I never got into Mass Effect, but I would always play the first 2 first that way you have a better understanding of the games.

Jonny

When in doubt, mumble.
I bought the first two last year and played them back to back. They felt like one massive amazing game and I can't really stress my love for the mass effect games enough. I would definitely discourage missing the series out all together and if you must then read the back story on line first. But I would back basically everyone else up and urge you to buy and play the first two games if you can, it will be more than worth it.

I agree, buy the first 2 first. They are awesome games and I wouldn't want you to end up missing out on anything from not playing those ones first :)

Definitely play the the first 2 games before playing Mass Effect 3, if possible. It's not just about knowing the story, it's about all the choices you have made during the first 2 games all carry over to the third one and have drastic effects on how things play out. Each game's combat system is different too, and they're all great in their own way. Definitely one of the best gaming experiences I've had, all three titles can easily go on my top 20 games of all-time.

Note that ME1 is not available on PS3, but I think ME2 comes with an interactive video that gives you a nice recap of the first game, and allows you to make the major choices there.

Definitely play the the first 2 games before playing Mass Effect 3, if possible. It's not just about knowing the story, it's about all the choices you have made during the first 2 games all carry over to the third one and have drastic effects on how things play out. Each game's combat system is different too, and they're all great in their own way. Definitely one of the best gaming experiences I've had, all three titles can easily go on my top 20 games of all-time.

Note that ME1 is not available on PS3, but I think ME2 comes with an interactive video that gives you a nice recap of the first game, and allows you to make the major choices there.
This, I also strongly suggest you get the first two, or at least the second one if you have a PS3. It's an experience you can't miss out on if you are into sci-fi.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom