• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Should I Buy a 3DS Now?

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Are these free games already on the 3ds shop or are they comong for the general public? Id really want to try out metroid but i think i could wait if im goong to be saving $80 in the process. Anyone know if those games will be open to the public?
Those games aren't on the eShop and won't be coming to the general public for a loooooooooong time if at all. It's Nintendo's way of saying "thanks for supporting our product, we luv u!" to the ones who could get a 3DS and at the same time "screw you, unsupported fan!" to the ones who couldn't get a 3DS in time.

I really want a 3DS but haven't bought one yet. My friend did and he said it was awesome. The games out right now besides OoT are not that appling to me but Nintendo annouced a great lineup of games at E3. But my big question would be if there is online multiplayer. A multiplayer Zelda title like Four Swords online would be amazing!
There's online multiplayer and local multiplayer, so for example you and two friends meet up at school or something, you could pick local because you're in close proximity to each other. If you wanna play with someone around the world, you would pick Online Multiplayer (I think some games call it worldwide play or something like that). :D

According to Nintendo's website, 10 of the games they will be giving to the 3DS Ambassadors will be eventually released to the general public via the eShop. However, the 10 GameBoy Advance Virtual Console games will be only for the Ambassadors, and not released to the general public. I thought it was worth it, and bought my 3DS before the price drop. I love the classic games.

Source: http://www.nintendo.com/corp/nintendo3ds/news/

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I would recommend getting a 3DS as soon as possible irrespective of the pricing, I had no idea it could stream Netflix but now I know it can. A PORTABLE, LIGHTWEIGHT SYSTEM STREAMING NETFLIX. That's almost unheard in my brain.

SinkingBadges

The Quiet Man
If you are a true Nintendo fan, you will help them in their time of need.

D: Somebody said the magic words!

I...can't... resist... the tempation!!!!! ARGH!!!!! IT'S TOO POWERFUL!!!!!!

Fanboyism aside, it's a rare thing to see Nintendo selling products at a loss, so I say:

You've got nothing to lose there.

If you buy it now, you'll get the benefits of the Ambassador Program, and if you wait, you'll still have the potentially great line-up (Super Mario, Residet Evil, Mario Kart, not to count the ones thatcould be announced in the future).

I can't see a loss there, so I'll let you decide based on that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom