• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Twilight Princess Should Ganondorf Have Been in TP?

Should Ganondorf have been in TP?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, it was a mistake!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Alex_Da_Great

Dark Link is here...
Ganondorf was a big surprise to first-time TP players as they all thought that the main villain was Zant and then BOOF! They know about Ganondorf. It might of taken the eye off Zant but without Ganondorf in TP, the story wouldn't make much sense.

It wasn't a real pain though. All the time you've seen Zant was with the Power from Ganondorf, and Midna told already that Zant's power was false. So something was shooting in my head about another villain. But i have to say Zant was quite interesting at first, maybe something like a blood thirsty Vampire or something. I think Zant will be even pathetic without Ganondorfs power, since i think that IS the real Zant at the end, and Zant told us already he was nothing until he found his ''God'', Ganondorf. he changed from nothing to a powerfull villain. Zant is made to be crazy, nothing disappointing about it, don't get me wrong Zant was really interesting but it's not something i can be really mad about.
There was hardly anything revealed about Zant's character until the final encounter, in which he turned out to be a dud. What I've been saying all along is that if Ganondorf and Zant's relationship were changed, Zant would have turned out to be different. Why? Because the situation would call for it. In fact, I think it would have been better this way, since Zant was made out to be this really bad, powerful guy who was plotting to take over the Twili's realm. It turned out to be Ganondorf all along, which ruined Zant's character for me, since he had such good potential in the beginning.

But i think Zant can easily handle his own power. Remember that Midna also has some power, don't know it there's a difference between the normal Twili and the Twili ruler. I don't have enough experience about Twilight to reveal the real power out of Zant. I only think he was weak, just because of the story he told you at the end. Maybe he has some transformation power like Midna does, but cover the world into Twilight was out of his power.
And again, his revelation at the end would have changed drastically if his and Ganondorf's relationship was different. Done right, Zant could have easily had his own power without relying on Ganondorf. It would have been more fitting for him, at least in my opinion, since he was made out to be so powerful from the start.

It would also be interesting if Zant and Ganondorf were appart villains. I liked Zant's character at the end though. Unfortunately the Twili was good as a unknow force. Again, if Zant has his own power he would be better than his pathetic character at the end. But Zant has never got his own power, just because what he told to us at the end. Zant is foolish power hungry character jes, although i love his outfit and all.
What you say here is true. Zant had a lot of villain potential until the bitter end. I didn't like how he turned out, since it was so unfitting for how he was made out to be. He could have been a lot better, had Nintendo played their cards right.

Zant didn't show up on Hyrule if he got his own power i think, it was mostly like Ganondorf's order to cover Hyrule into Twilight and make a lot of other mess. Like changing Midna into a sort of Imp. He wanted to be King of Twilight, but he failed all the time because the lack of power or some other reasons. But if we have to look at the point that Ganondorf never showed up before until Zant told it, it hurts maybe a little bit, but it's not something i can call disappointment. Hmm, everyone has just his or her own opinion. For me it was pretty cool that Ganondorf was in the game, with a real new awesome outfit too.
I think Ganondorf belonged in the game too, just that he was introduced poorly. He was tacked-on to Zant in the sense that Zant seemed to be his own villain until he revealed differently. I think Zant would have been a lot better working solo, rather than depending on Ganondorf. I think it could have worked having them both in the same game, only with a different relationship. Maybe they were partners for a time, or enemies, or something. I just don't think the whole Ganondorf being Zant's god thing worked.

But it does also depend on each's own opinion, like you said.

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
Why wouldn't Ganondorf have been in it? Here is what I think about the subject.

Zant was an awesome villain. I honestly believe that Zant should have been a standalone villain in a Zelda game, but not this one. Ganon/dorf definitely stole the light from Zant. I thought Zant was awesome up until Ganon/dorf was mentioned. Right when Ganon/dorf was mentioned, I lost all respect for Zant. He was just a puppet. I think that Zant should have had his own title to be villain in but in this particular game we NEEDED Ganon/dorf.

Why did we need Ganon/dorf? Because the AT had it's version of what happened to Ganon/dorf after OoT. The CT needed the same story of what happened to Ganon/dorf after OoT.

OoT left Ganon/dorf alive on both sides of the timeline at the end, so we needed a game on both sides of the timeline that told us what happened to him after the respective endings. Yes, TP needed Ganon/dorf. Poor Zant, though.

J

JammerJaw

To be completely honest, I would've welcomed a new 3D Zelda villain. When Zant first appeared, it was like a breath of fresh air. He was a new type of Zelda villain, a stoic, menacing, mysterious and powerful creature. But when I fought him, I couldn't help but think that Ganondorf is probably the only sane 3D Zelda villain that is ever meant to be.

I was also a bit disappointed with the whole "Twilight taking over Hyrule" plot device; I felt they could've gone a lot farther with that.

It's hard for me to answer this one, if I say Yes, then it comes to the point that it's getting old, fighting the same person over, and over again. Even though he changes every game, it still gets tiring fighting him every game. However if I say No, then it comes out and is like I miss the old evil, Ganon was a great boss, and it seems to keep the game alive, now before I get called something. I want to make it a bit more clear, When I say I will miss him, I mean he like Link and Zelda have just become a normal thing in Zelda, removing him to me will change the game, but still at the same time be a good thing, so this just bugs me.

Kybyrian

I think that Ganondorf was a really good addition to Twilight Princess. It made you think that Zant was the evil one and then all of the sudden it twists and you find out Ganondorf is the one behind all of this evil plotting and Zant is simply his puppet, basically his card to control the Twilight Realm and use it to take over Hyrule. For first time players this can be a really fun plot twist in the game. It's kind of like Final Fantasy where things happen at almost every turn and you never really know what comes next.

Link Master

The Hero's Master
I think Ganondorf should be in this game because you only know it is Ganondorf when you defeat Zant so I think it gives you a surprise . Through the entire game a lot of people think Zant is the enemy.

L

Linksmyfavorite

It was totally bettter that Ganondorf was in the game because Ganon/Ganondorf has always been the main bad guy in the games, besides it makes Twilight Princess more epic.

I'm afraid I have to say no.

When I first read about Twilight Princess, it seemed to me that Ganondorf was thrown in haphazardly. Then I actually played it, and it seemed alright until the end. Something was wrong. I couldn't figure out exactly what it was at the time, but something was just off with Ganondorf and the game's climax.

But I've been thinking about it, and I have a few points...

The game set up Zant as the villain. His story had a lot of buildup, including his assault on the world of light, him usurping power and transforming the Twili into Shadow Beasts, his relationship with Midna, etc. It was quite cool, and incredibly dramatic, and then it was all flushed down the toilet. Boom, Zant was a puppet and Ganondorf is the real evil. It was... weird and rushed. Not done very well at all. They could have pulled it off if they set up the story a little differently, but they didn't. It was especially weird, because it really felt to me that they intended Zant to be the villain, and then reworked the plot a little to fit Ganondorf in. Likely in an attempt to be more like Ocarina of Time. If they spent more time on it, it could have really worked, but it seems like they rushed it. (You know, in general, it seems like the game just needed more time.)

Then Ganondorf appeared. Despite him being mentioned a few times prior in the game, his inclusion was still more along the lines of a "final boss switch" in which the game randomly throws a new villain at you at the end of the game. It's typically a weak plot device.

But there was another thing. Ganondorf's inclusion wasn't just a downplay on Zant. All the game's drama and buildup was centered on Zant and Midna. Not Ganondorf. What this means is that when he did finally show up as the big bad-***, well, it was like "who?" Obviously it wasn't quite like that, as we all know who he is, but you get my point. Suddenly this new villain is thrown in. He's stated to be this big bad villain, worse than the guy you thought was the real villain, but in essence, he's just a shallow plot trick. Because there's no buildup. No stage setting. Nothing. Just "Oh, Zant wasn't the real villain. Go fight Ganon."

It sucks, because it makes both Zant and Ganondorf less that what they could have been, and in a way it's a disrespect to both characters.

They should have spent more time on it, or kept Zant as the main villain. Because, I'm serious. The Palace of Twilight was the games climax. In both plot and feel... to me at least. Hyrule Castle was more like... a bonus stage.

I just have to say that without Ganondorf, there wouldn't have a plot in TP.

Ninten*

BLOOOOOOOO
Well I liked how the game did it where he was unknown until the middle or end of the game. It's just like in ALttP where you don't know about Ganon until you get to the Dark World.

ChargewithSword

Zelda Dungeon's Critic
Ganondorf to me was a rushed addition to Twilight Princess. It is not that he shouldn't or should've been included, it is that he was horribly inputed. He is rushed into the story after the near end of the game after you think Zant is the main villain. It was a plot twist that did not work in this case. We have been hanging out with Ganon as the main villain for almost ever console Zelda in existence (or being a major threat in AoL's case.) When we think we are going to get something new, Ganon just shows up.

Another reason this was badly prepared was because we were not shown this in the information about the game. From 2004-2006 we, the players, were alluded to Zant as the main villain. It wasn't until late in the period that we were shown who the big bad was, and that was a bad move. It gave players a bad taste in their mouths and it took them a while to get used to it.

Ganondorf could've been implemented better, but the point of him was to be a twist. He is the one thing that shows us that Twilight Princess was meant to be the game for new players. Nintendo wanted them to feel the big element of surprise, not us.

Maybe a few years later when Twilight Princess is played by new players they will be more forgiving than us because they didn't experience Ganon being in every game before. It won't seem super stale to them at least (unless they were to play the other Zeldas before TP.)

Well, there's my two cents- Wrath.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
Yes, Ganondorf definitely deserves to be in the game. Ganon is the main Villain. He added an important part to the story. Ganondorf possesses the triforce of power. If ganondorf wasn't in the game it would never made any sense to me if Zant would have covered Hyrule Castle after Zelda healed Midna. Even though Zant was full of hatred he had no business with the world of light. His hatred was against Midna and his own world. Ganon controlled him to gain access to the world of light. And to be more honest after fighting against Zant who was all hyper and extremely insane it was good to fight against someone who was absolutely the opposite in his behavior than Zant. At least I experienced it this way. Everytime I fight Zant I get insane myself by his crazy moves and hyper screaming. So after defeating him it's more a relief to fight Ganondorf who doesn't scream and act that hysterious.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom