• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

OoT-3DS Shadow Temple or Spirit Temple: Which Comes First?

Which did you do first?

• Spirit temple

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Shadow temple

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Deku Tree
Dodongo's Cavern
Jabu-Jabu's Belly
Forest Temple
Fire Temple
Water Temple
Shadow Temple
Spirit Temple
Gannon's Tower
Although, I have switched Fire <-> Water and Shadow <-> Spirit before, but it's just easier to do it the "right" way.
Also I actually have done the Gerudo Training Grounds without the Hover Boots a couple of times. The room where you have to get silver rupees over the lava pit (2 doors to the right of the entrance I think) seems impossible without the Hover Boots but is simple once you realize you can hookshot the torches spread over the room.
You can also roll before jumping to reach farther. (except in 3DS version...doesn't work quite as well)

zellinkda

one of many
you can't do either of the last two temples without the lens of truth, and by the time you've gotten that, you've seen the clip when sheik tells you to kill bongo bongo, so it feels natural to go for the shadow temple first. However, on the file selection screen, the medallion for the spirit temple is before that for the shadow temple. The medallion for spirit is also the fourth clockwise from the light medallion. Also, the prelude of light is above the nocturne of shadow on the song screen, despite the nocturne of shadow being unavoidably taught first, or you can't get the lens of truth.
I know it doesn't affect the gameplay, but I'm just curious as to which temple you guys did first and which you think Nintendo intended us do complete first.
I originally did the shadow temple first, because, like I said, it feels more natural after the cutscenes you are shown. On the master quest, I did spirit temple first because I prefer it.
may contain WW spoilers. I noticed that too! and i've played on gamecube, which is basically the same as N64 version, but the most recent playing of this that i've done is on the 3ds. when i got through with the water temple, i waited for navi to say something. she said something along the lines of " the last two sages must be people you know." so she doesn't specify what you're supposed to do first. I think it's like how in WW you can do the earth and wind temples in any order.

MW7

Overall, Shadow Temple, but try this:
- Spirit Temple (Young Link)
- Shadow Temple
- Spirit Temple (Adult Link)

If you want a challenge, complete Gerudo's Training Ground without Hover Boots. You must visit all rooms and use all small keys.

You just inspired me to complete my current playthrough of Ocarina of Time 3d in the order: Ice Cavern, Forest, Water, Child Spirit, Fire, Shadow, Adult Spirit (skipping Bottom of the Well entirely too). I just finished Child Spirit so instead of finishing the temple I'm going to do Fire and Shadow before finishing Adult Spirit.

MikauIncarnate

Hero of the Zora
I think it's like how in WW you can do the earth and wind temples in any order.

Um... Actually you can't. On the subject, though, I've always done shadow then spirit, it just makes more sense to me. I agree that the end of spirit temple flows well into the end of the game.

MW7

Um... Actually you can't. On the subject, though, I've always done shadow then spirit, it just makes more sense to me. I agree that the end of spirit temple flows well into the end of the game.

This has been debated a long time ago, and I think the consensus is that some versions of the game allow you to switch the order of the earth and wind temples while others do not. I've never been able to switch the order on my copy of the game (and I've literally tried everything), but I've taken the word of many others that some people have done it. Since I have tried everything I could think of (and other people have reported doing this and never being able to do Wind first), a bunch of people in the thread and I concluded that there must be different versions of the game in which this is either possible or impossible.

Subzerostupid

Subzerostupid
You just inspired me to complete my current playthrough of Ocarina of Time 3d in the order: Ice Cavern, Forest, Water, Child Spirit, Fire, Shadow, Adult Spirit (skipping Bottom of the Well entirely too). I just finished Child Spirit so instead of finishing the temple I'm going to do Fire and Shadow before finishing Adult Spirit.
You can't reach the spirit temple without the lens of truth from the bottom of the well.

I was under the impression you needed the Hover Boots to complete the Spirit Temple, so I figure since I'm there I might as well finish.

I

iseemuffins

The shadow temple comes first, because you need the hover boots in the spirit temple

In the original I remember doing shadow temple first. But maybe ill try the other way when I get this for Christmas.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom