• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Shadow of the Colossus

Austin

Austin
I've heard plenty of good things about this game and was planning on picking it up this weekend, but I need a question answered first. From what I've heard, other than the Colossi (is this a word?) there are no enemies, towns, people or dungeons to occupy your time. So my question is, what exactly are you doing between each Colossus battle?

Kazumi

chagy
Ah yes. Shadow of the Colossus is a great game. And it is true that there are no towns, other people, enemies, dungeons or anything else other then the 16 Colossi.

In between you basically travel across the very vast landscape on your horse between the Colossi. And you do puzzles like scaling a cliff and crap like that. Pretty interesting. The main puzzles are in the way that you kill the Colossi. Very interesting stuff.

So yeah, I'd suggest it if you can get it for a reasonable price. It is pretty rare and can get quite pricey. I got my copy in mint condition at a local place for only 10 dollars.

Scythe-of-Chaos

I'm an assassin.... sshhh
its a good game and the protaganist climbs onto the collosi's backs a lot in the game so that always fun. also the techniques of killing them are cool, like the sand-snake collosi where you shoot the eyes as it bare comes out of the ground. epic

SOTC is a fantastic game, probably my third favorite of all time. The portions in between the colossi are very calm, yet surreal. You use your horse to explore a huge, unique, open area, searching for the next colossi. It's still very fun, and my only complaint would probably be getting lost a few times.
Buy the effin' game. You won't regret it.

C

chrono trigger

This game is AWESOME!!! you need to buy it, it's probably one of my favorite games and if i still had my PS2 i would probably still play it occasionally. seriously, it's worth picking up. the collosi batles are so awesome and the way you beat each is completely unique.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom