• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Serenade Of Water

Peace Of Heart

Piece of Heart Collector
If I had to choose a musical piece to describe the whole Zelda series, it would be the Serenade Of Water.

I love how they use it in OoT and TP, it shows that TP and OoT are connected(TP being 100+ years after OoT I believe).

It's just so beautiful, I even dare to say that it has unofficially made itself one the Zelda series' "Theme Songs" apart from the usual universal pieces that we hear.

What do you guys think about this lovely piece? I think the version in TP is unmatched in musical beauty than any other piece in the whole series. :D

PhantomTriforce

I am a Person of Interest
If I had to choose a piece of music that would representate the Zelda series, it would be TP's Hyrule Field. Just because it seems so adventurous, and that's what Zelda is.

Majora's Cat

How about that
Oh, I just absolutely cherish any song in the Zelda franchise. They're all so beautifully written, but if I had to choose but one song to represent the series... it would have to be the End Credits from either Ocarina of Time or Twilight Princess.

I know what you're thinking - what? They are merely the ending themes of two great Zelda games. What importance does it play in the rest of the franchise? Here's my answer: while both ending themes are mostly based around the music from each game, each does pay its tribute to previous games.

I chose the End Credits from OoT and TP in particular because they were the two ending themes that nearly drove me to tears. The orchestral music from Twilight Princess' credits moved me so. The range of the use of instruments in the End Credits were so vast - from violins to trombones and everything in between. TP's greatest song came at the very end - and what a fitting way to finish off one of the greatest games this decade.

There's still a problem here - most people think of rather short and symbolic songs to represent the series. All the while, the credits from TP and OoT are not short at all - they are in fact the two of the longest songs in any Zelda soundtrack. But what I like is how TP's credits incorporated tidbits of other Zelda songs that sort of give it a nostalgic feel. For example, the Twilight Princess End Credits swelled up and started playing the classic Zelda theme from the NES original. That moment coupled with the clip of the Gorons was just amazing. The song went from soft and quiet to big and loud.

But a prime example of the Zelda game that sported the franchise's most well known songs is Ocarina of Time. Truth be told, many of OoT's themes have become legendary and are seen today as songs that represent the Zelda franchise. All these legendary songs are compiled into the End Credits. In other words, OoT's credits theme is a compilation of the Zelda franchise's greatest songs.

These are my reasons why I chose TP and OoT's End Credits as the songs that define the Zelda franchise. I'm also looking forward to hearing more responses on this subject. :)

Tony

Stardust Crusaders
The Serenade of Water is great...but not the best in my opinion. If I had to choose a theme for the series it would probabely be the Song of Time, because it is so epic and as the song progresses I see Link progressing through his journey. The Serenade of Water is great but it seems to just fit in with the emotional moments, while the Song of Time can fit almost all the time. I still love the Serenade of Water still, it's great!

Michael Heide

The 8th Wise Man
The Serenade of Water is okay, but to me, the piece to represent the whole series has got to be:

Of course, this version sounds better:

<Edit: I just found the following clip. Awesomeness redefined.>

Last edited by a moderator:

Master

Upcoming
I could see why you would say the the Serenade of Water could Represent Zelda , but not to be rude , i would agree the Main Theme would "Officially" , if you would , represent The Legend of Zelda series . The Reason why i say this , is because since 1986 , the Main Theme has been in peoples minds . And plus , It was one of the first songs you heard in The Legend of Zelda series .
Ad more importantly , most of the Songs you hear in all of the Zelda games have the Same Melody . For example , the Tal Tal Heights in LA . Or Hyrule Field in Ocarina of time .

Last edited by a moderator:

Peace Of Heart

Piece of Heart Collector
Yes I must say the main theme will always represent the series to the best extent. But I still think that the Serenade of Water ranks very high beside the main theme, it seems that Nintendo favors it above a lot of their other songs. I guess they use it often because it represents the Zora people. Zora's don't really have their own theme like the Gorons do, but the Serenade of Water(or some kind of version close to it) is always used in the modern games.

I realize that these "modern" games are only OoT and TP but I don't think that Nintendo will stop using it to represent the Zoras. It's a really deep song I think, surpassing the Zelda timeline.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom