• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Save Files

I have few gripes with the current save system although I was a bit frustrated like you with having to return to the bottom of the Tower of Spirits after saving and returning to play the game another time when the system was powered on. I've seen some complaints here regarding Ocarina of Time's save systems and I must say those are completely null and avoid for that game is absolute videogame bliss but then again, I am a bit biased towards it. The only save system which particularly irked me was the one in Majora's Mask. My memories with that are terrible and having to halt certain sidequests and return in time was truly painful.

The most equitable save function in recent Zelda games is that of Skyward Sword. The Bird Statues were not only liberally spread around but also allowed the player to start off from their exact last save point. I was initially cynical of this decision on Nintendo's part after playing Majora's Mask but am glad to admit after the fact that I was proved grossly incorrect.

AnimeHat

Humming Swordsman
I can relate to the not-return-to-the-exact-point thing. That's why I always make sure that I have enough time to play Zelda before I play it.

hylianordonlink

The Hero Of Ordon
I totally agree. Once I was playing tp for the first time and I didn't know you go back and,just my luck,I had to save OUTSIDE of the forest temple so I started over,forgot how to fish and it wouldn't work for me so I ended up not touching the game for a few MONTHS!!!

Non-Epic

Resident Cucco Kicker
Labrynna, because Hyrule is too mainstream.
Well, common save systems can be annoying. SS worked very well here with the Goddess Statues, but for future games, some things should be changed.

The starting at the last major cut-scene still happens, right? I think it does. Anyway, you should spawn in the last major room, simple as that. No going from room to room or making your way somewhere. Unless there's a cutscene.

PokaLink

Pokalink the avaricious
Heck yes, i hate when im in the Middle of a Dungeon, then i have to leave, and then i have to go alll the way back to that point, it was espicelly frusterating in Legend Of Zelda NES.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom