• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Saddest Zelda Scene

Kybyrian

Probably somewhere in Majora's Mask. Most likely the same thing as what Kitsu referred to. It was pretty depressing to say the least.

Chris

It has been awhile...
The saddest scene in Zelda was at the end of Oot, where Link leaves Zelda in the future to go back to the past where he belonged.

Zarom

The King
The saddest scene would surely be the end of TP, when Midna goes into the mirror and break it. Also when the moon fall on Termina and that everybody just die, that's sad too. :(

Shadsie

Sage of Tales
My OoT sad scene -

The whole ending. Link does all that work and Zelda tells him she wants to reverse time and make everything like it never happened. Sure, the evil never happening is a good thing, but it also erases Link and all he's done from everyone's memories. (Now that I think about it, it almost reminds me of the ending of Serial Experiments Lain in a way - and both series have a "Navi!" ) Speaking of Navi, as well, she up and leaves him... the kid's been waiting his whole life to have a fairy companion and after the adventure is over, he doesn't get to keep her.

MM sad scenes -

Kafei and Anju, finally together, awaiting immenent doom from the falling moon. They tell you to leave and save yourself, but they're going to face the dawn together.

The scene I vaguely remember involving the end of the Mikau-quest... At the end, you see a vision of Mikau entering his personal heaven, playing with his band one last time...

(Now, both of these, for me, are bittersweet because they actually have some goodness to them. Kafei and Anju got to be together again, and Mikau found his peace, so while heart-getting, they aren't entirely sad for me).

TP sad scene -

The one eveyone said... the end, where Midna breaks the mirror for the sake of protecting her people - never to see her friends (and possible love)? again.

basement24

There's a Bazooka in TP!
In TP, I didn't actually find the Midna mirror breaking scene as sad as I found the scene where Link left Ordon.

I thought it was more heart-wrenching to see him being called for work without Fado knowing Link isn't home, followed by Ilia watching Link ride off on Epona for destinations unknown. I suppose it's possible he might just be off for another adventure, but I took it to be that he's decided that he can't go back to the simple life after what he's experienced, and he just up and left without telling anyone other than Ilia to make the farewell less painful.

I think it adds to the scene that when he's shown leaving, the traditional music associated with Link and the adventures of the overworld is played in a sadly proud way.

R

Rheks

I didn't find any scenes in Zelda sad.
I think I remember when I was really young and I saw my sister complete OoT, I cried at the ending.

Zeruda

Mother Hyrule
Oh god, the scene where Anju and Kafei hold each other while the world around them is crumbling.... freakin' a. I mean, wedding bells should have rang for them, but no, just death bells symbolizing their unity only in the afterlife. That tore me apart. I seriously cried. That was.... probably one of the most moving scenes in the entire series.

I also found the end of OoT sad, but more bittersweet than anything. It seemed to me that they cared for each other, but Zelda had to return Link to his own time. Pretty sad. But, he does go back to meet her again, so that's pretty nice. I did think it was a little sad to see Mido sulking over what appeared to be the loss of Saria.

OH, now that I think about it, meeting Saria as a sage. "We'll be friends forever.... won't we?" was pretty sad to me. Saria already had feelings for Link, but due to her eternal youth and destiny to be a sage, they could never be anything more than best friends. Saria's little "friends forever" thing was pretty sad to me, because it seemed that deep down, she knew that destiny would keep them apart.

Shadsie

Sage of Tales
On my first playthrough of TP, I misinterpreted the end-scene. I was sure that it was showing Link *riding back* to Ordon... I thought Fado was calling up to the treehouse, wondering "Link, are you HOME yet?" and Ilia was awaiting his return.

Then, on the second playthrough, I got a good look at the woods he was riding through, and it looked like he was riding away, leaving.

So, I don't really know *how* to interpret it!

(Now, if you're a Link x Midna shipper like I am and are thinking "He's off to bust his hump on some quixotic quest to try to find a way back into the Twilight Realm" then Midna's end scene is double-sad).

After all, his predecessor went off on a personal quest to find "an invaluable friend," leading him into another adventure, so who knows?

Yeah, the Kafei and Anju thing... I don't think I've ever cried over anything in a Zelda game, but that seriously almost made me cry. I seem to remember my eyes getting a little misty - it *did* get me.

I probably would have been like that over the Midna mirror scene if I *hadn't read freaking spoilers online!* first.

Bob Majinki

Deku Director
Without a doubt, Wind Waker had the best sad scenes, ones that actually aroused emotions.

Seeing your grandmother in a depressed trance, and the end of the game.

Vash03

Needz Moar.... Zelda, NAO
TP ending for sure. Bout had to shed a few right there...

LOLOLOL...Man.. I love you.. you're so funny... Man Love That Is.... Erm.. >.> I agree though... but I didn't cry.. Or Feel Like It... THERE WAS SOMETHING IN MY EYE OKAY...

LOLOLOL...Man.. I love you.. you're so funny... Man Love That Is.... Erm.. >.> I agree though... but I didn't cry.. Or Feel Like It... THERE WAS SOMETHING IN MY EYE OKAY...

I'll be the first one to tell you I don't play Zelda for the story and certainly not so that I actually get to a point where I genuinely care about the in game characters. To this day, only one game has made me feel that way, and it wasn't a Zelda game. But, having said that, I do feel that the TP ending is the closest I've ever gotten to actually caring about the in game characters. Up until that point, yeah I liked them, but I didn't cry in Midna's Desperate Hour or anything. But, when I saw that last scene, knowing that the game was completely over after that, I felt kind of....... eh, I can't describe it. It was kind of like a "Wow, I can't believe they'd do that...... and in such a cinematic way too......". Did I feel sorry for Link and Midna right then and there? I have no idea, because when I played through the scene again, the feeling had already disappeared.

To tell the truth, I'm hoping the next Zelda Wii can somehow take that tiny but of "compassion" that this scene brought to me and would magnify to where someday I would maybe cry a tiny but or tear up because of what happened to the characters.

I would go for the Anju/Kafei experience from Majora's Mask. That entire sequence of the game was just very eerie and sad. Basically everyone just waiting for death...now that is quite dark for a Zelda game.

Its just me, but i was sad in OoT right after Link saves Saria from the Forest Temple and she says that its destiny for her and Link to not live in the same world (That was paraphrased).

There were a lot of parts in MM that i thought were sad. Including: Anju and Kafei's quest, the butler's son, the death of Miku, Lulu because her eggs were stolen, pamela the poor little girl in the music box house always makes me sad because she had to take care of her disfigured father. The baby goron and his dad make me sad because the baby misses his dad and he's crying.

Basically, MM is a really twisted, depressing game. But i like it!

x-Link-x

c o u r a g e ;
Lets see, I think sad scenes are everywhere, they add that certain charm to the game, either way lets start listing them.

Ocarina of Time:
-The scene when Link crosses the bridge to leave the forest for the first time and Saria is there waiting for him to say 'goodbye.' That scene broke my heart to the point that I didn't want to leave the forest anymore. I would be one of the saddest things ever if you were planning to leave only to have your best friend stand at the doorway to say 'goodbye' to you, specially if you don't know whether or not you're going to see them again.

No other scenes come to mind as sad, really.

Majora's Mask:
-The scene when Kafei and Anju hold each other right before the end of the world, that always broke my heart. Love is such an odd thing isn't it. That's be a sweet way to go, I'd say.

-Pamela and her Father. The entire scene was sad and heart warming at the same time. Shows unconditional love, the type that loves you even though you're a dangerous monster who can easily kill you if they got a hold of you.

-At the start when The Skull Kid is hugging him self for warmth, I found that to be a tad sad. He was left alone after playing tricks and such he has no other choice, tis a sad scene.

-When Mikau dies! Oh my, he gave it his all to sing that last song as a request for help from Link. I found that to be heart breaking really. Made me wnat to get through the stage faster. Thank god I only had to go through it once.

That's all that comes to mind for Majora's Mask.

Wind Waker:
-The scene when Link goes to get the sheild from his grandmother's place. She already has it and understands why Link has to leave. Man that scene made me wanna stick around the island a slong as I could. Plus the music playing gave the scene such a gloomy feeling.

-At the end when King Hyrule had to stand behind even after helping Link and the Princess. The way Link reached down for him and the way he reached up for Link to later put his hand down again broke my heart.

Moving to the next game.

Twilight Princess
-The end when Midna breaks the mirror, of course that's one of the saddest scenes I've seen in a Zelda game, specially because you can see that she doesn't want to leave Link behind she wnated to see him again. It was so heart breaking even though I didn't like her that much, that scene made me warm up to her a bit more.

-The scene when the Zora Queen talks to you. I have no idea why but this scene broke my heart. To think I'd have to be the one to deliver the news to the boy. That's just plain out sad for me.

If I can thinks of more then I'll add them. <3

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom