• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

RPGs on Steam.

I know that there are 2 Ys games (Do you know Ys?) , Ys origins and Ys the oath of felghana, and there is another game that is called Recettear, never played it but if i remember correctly you can run a shop in the game. But i can't think of any game that have similar gameplay (Ys and Recettear aren't similar to those two.). Sorry. =\
Other than those 3 games i don't know, i think there are more western rpg on steam.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Yeah like Ocarinaoflink said, most of the RPGs on Steam are WRPGs not JRPGs. If you want a nice RPG one, find Ys (it's absolutely amazing IMO). I can't say I know any others, as I only play FPS on Steam.

Hanyou

didn't build that
The best modern RPGs you'll find on Steam are Knights of the Old Republic and Morrowind. There are some older RPGs too, like Fallout, that are very good. I usually go to gog for my RPG fix so I'm probably leaving some out.

These aren't jrpgs, but judging by your taste (questing, story-driven RPGs) they might be right up your alley. Legend of Grimrock is amazing but it's strictly an old school dungeon crawler.

Check gog.com for a better selection IMO. No download necessary other than the games, and they're drm-free.

Edit: I am an idiot for initially leaving this out. Do yourself a favor and buy Phantasy Star 2 and 4 right now. They're both on Steam for cheap, they're old-school jrpgs, and IMO they outclass most Final Fantasy games. You won't be disappointed.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom